SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help creating my portfolio website

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out in creating my portfolio website, or direct me to a simple template that I can use. I design Logos, Business Cards, Letter Heads, Pamplets, etc... but never really created a website.

My current website is:

<snip>

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Varelse; Jul 25, 2008 at 14:31.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your present site is good.. if want another you can choose any free template from the sites below or search other on google..
    the gallery from your present site will be helpful if added to new desing in portfolio section..

http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/
    http://csszengarden.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

You are obviously goos at graphics, so I have an offer to make you. I am working on building my own portfolio, and I need more to go in it, you design your website in fireworks or photoshop or something, send me the graphics file, ill build your design.
    Then if you send me the content I can either put it in for you or you can use a CMS/Blog like wordpress and then your site can be easily updated, I will ensure that all mark-up is W3C complient (im very strict about that) then you can have you own unique design to add to your portfolio. Simple How does that sound?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhiru View Post
    Your present site is good.. if want another you can choose any free template from the sites below or search other on google..
    the gallery from your present site will be helpful if added to new desing in portfolio section..

http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/
    http://csszengarden.com/
    Thanks for the sites.

Quote Originally Posted by dgroves View Post
    You are obviously goos at graphics, so I have an offer to make you. I am working on building my own portfolio, and I need more to go in it, you design your website in fireworks or photoshop or something, send me the graphics file, ill build your design.
    Then if you send me the content I can either put it in for you or you can use a CMS/Blog like wordpress and then your site can be easily updated, I will ensure that all mark-up is W3C complient (im very strict about that) then you can have you own unique design to add to your portfolio. Simple How does that sound?
    Not sure exactly what you want me to do? Create a website? That's what I need help on.... Also, I'm not sure what W3C complient is? Like I said, I've never done websites before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple I will create the actual website for you if you create graphic (i.e a PNG or GIF or something) of what you would like it to look like. I will then proceed to build your website for you (Free of charge!)

W3C is a set of standards set down by the World Wide Web Consortium, for web designers to base their websites around, to ensure thhey (should) display properly in every browser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For you to download a template and use it to develop your site, at least you need some basic knowledge of HTML and importantly, CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by w59cb83x View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out in creating my portfolio website, or direct me to a simple template that I can use. I design Logos, Business Cards, Letter Heads, Pamplets, etc... but never really created a website.

My current website is: -------

Thanks in advance!
    The Best Is Yet To Come!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure exactly what you want me to do? Create a website? That's what I need help on.... Also, I'm not sure what W3C complient is? Like I said, I've never done websites before.
    I think he is offering to convert your website design into HTML. Meaning you only focus on the design within Photoshop. When you are done send him the psd file of your site design and he will slice it up and "HTML" it. This looks like a good offer to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zurpit.com View Post
    I think he is offering to convert your website design into HTML. Meaning you only focus on the design within Photoshop. When you are done send him the psd file of your site design and he will slice it up and "HTML" it. This looks like a good offer to me
    Right to an extent. Anyformatt but PSD, as I cannot open PSD as I am yet to get hold of photoshop . I am still running Fireworks 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    free-css-templates.com
    freecsstemplates.org

love them both oswd.org is good but not updated anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your site, I would use a free temp that doesn't require their URL being in it.

Night Elf silver trophybronze trophy Varelse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have removed the url from your post, so the discussion relates to the process and methods of creating a portfolio website.
    If you want your current website reviewed, please post it in the proper forum - Website Reviews
    FreelanceDaddy - freelancer's personal advisor
    █ Guide and advice for freelancers starting their career
    █ Over 1000 projects posted on freelance markets every day
    █ One-stop resource for online freelancing