User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simsim View Post
    Where you developing the site on a localhost server or a live remote server? Depending on either situation, it could be a hardware issue or code issue, and tuning performance would vary accordingly.
    I experienced the issue on both my local development machine and a remote server.

And please, don't forget to tell us your conclusions about Acquia when you happen to test it.
    It will be soon. I have an idea for a site that would allow people to create unique private nodes which isn't really possible in either Wordpress or Joomla.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drupal definitely. It has built-in SEO - clean urls+ plus lots of themes and addons.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am running two websites one based on Joomla another one on Drupal. In my opinion Drupal is more easy to use, more seo friendly and i didn't have any major problems with drupal..

With joomla i had big problems since i musted to move my website to another hosting. It took for me ages to fix all issues and i still have problem with installing new modules.
    www.cfwebservices.com.
    Your source to open source content management systems.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit perplexed by Joomla. I did a site in 1.x and it was a nightmare. Abandoned that and recreated that CMS entirely custom. Revisited Joomla with 1.5 and while initially it looked better, I found that the admin was still hopelessly convoluted (read: impossible to figure out), and that there were still many bugs with widely available templates. I installed two templates today and they both had the same markup errors. I contacted a developer with Joomla customization experience and he said that he couldn't figure it out and he'd have to look at the code. I also asked him why menu items I created with the same admin process were using different styles on the front end. He didn't have an answer for that either. Summary: even experienced Joomla developers get lost in this vastly over-complicated admin scheme.

Anyway, today I installed Drupal. The admin is very well designed. Everything works. No template errors. Sure there are less templates and plugins, but this is the way software should be designed - with a solid core that works. It's still my first day on Drupal but I'm already months ahead of where I was at in Joomla.

I just don't understand why Joomla is so popular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will prefer to go with Joomla

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tested out both and I think I give the edge to Joomla. It has tons of extensions and templates.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wondering what made drupal win CMS of the year award with joomla as No 2