SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need attachment icon

Where can I get an attachment icon (small paperclip icon) like the one used by Hotmail to indicate that the message contains an attachment? I tried downloading the one at Hotmail but it is simply not possible.
    Ballot-Box.net - free polls for webmasters
    FormLog.com - free form processor

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible, but it'd be THEFT! Don't steal other websites' images.

Here's a free icon pack (read the license terms) you might find what you're looking for in:
    http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    It's possible, but it'd be THEFT! Don't steal other websites' images.
    Even if you download a small itsy bitsy image like a small paperclick icon, then it would still be theft would it. I guess you are right about that. But what if I take a look at my Internet temp folder, find the icon there and decided to use it? Is it still theft? I found it on my computer and I certainly didn't put it there, so I decided to use it. Is it still theft?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thousands of people have been prosecuted and fined or sentenced to jail time for stealing images online, and all of those images were in their browser cache at some point. That's not a defense to copyright infringement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    Thousands of people have been prosecuted and fined or sentenced to jail time for stealing images online, and all of those images were in their browser cache at some point. That's not a defense to copyright infringement.
    Ok, but the question is, would Hotmail go so far as to prosecute me for stealing a 10x10 pixel image? I don't think so. But you have made your point, I won't try to download the image from Hotmail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably not, just trying to make the point... I think we're all on the same track. I do love that free icon set I linked, though. It has a bunch of e-mail icons in it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 1000's of free icons available in various sets. But don't ask me which set contains paper clip. I have many more to publish. They are all my own designs. See if anything is of use to you:
    http://www.creativekitten.com/icons.html
    ck
    Creative Kitten | Free Web Graphics, Icons and Photos

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you looed a few pages into google on image search. it seems you may need some programming knowledge to boot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ck88 View Post
    I have 1000's of free icons available in various sets. But don't ask me which set contains paper clip. I have many more to publish. They are all my own designs. See if anything is of use to you:
    http://www.creativekitten.com/icons.html
    Your icons looks excellent ck88! But why would a designer design such beautiful icons and then offer them for free? Is it a way to establish some kind of reputation on Internet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks DeNasio. My website is fairly new. Launched on the 4th of July, 2008. I need to establish the website and get some traffic. After... I may consider releasing premium sets to sell etc... However, I would still continue to release free art and design items as I love to share what I do with others.
    ck
    Creative Kitten | Free Web Graphics, Icons and Photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ck88 View Post
    My website is fairly new. Launched on the 4th of July, 2008. I need to establish the website and get some traffic. After... I may consider releasing premium sets to sell etc...
    Great idea ck88, keep up the good work! You can also consider creating custom graphics for a small fee.