SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Extremely Weird Photoshop Issue

Just a heads up: I'm not a graphics designer, I'm a software engineer, but I've messed around enough with Photoshop to be able to get what I need done. I sent this to the graphics people at my company and they didn't know what was causing the issue.

With this file, and ONLY with this file, any new text I make is EXTREMELY small. Making the font 1200pt makes it look like it's about 30-40ish. I could only do this in PS7 though. In CS3, it wouldn't let me make the font above 18px. Period.

Originally it was a picture from a video game, but the content doesn't seem to matter. I just painted over it black and got the same issue with two different people, on 7 and CS3.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever. The file has been sent through e-mail and MSN, so it's something about THIS SPECIFIC JPG that is goofing up photoshop.

In CS3 I was able to Place it in a new file and make text of any size, however in PS7 when I tried to select all and make a new file and paste the contents in there, I got the same font issue. Point being, yes the issue can be worked around a number of ways, but I am just really interested to see if anyone can figure out why this is happening.

The file I'm talking about is attached here.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Night Elf silver trophybronze trophy Varelse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Width: 1524cm
    Height: 927.1cm
    Resolution: 1pixel/inch
    What can you do?

1. Change the image resolution to 72 dpi WITHOUT resampling it (uncheck this box)
    or
    2. Change font units to pixels instead of points.

FreelanceDaddy - freelancer's personal advisor
    █ Guide and advice for freelancers starting their career
    █ Over 1000 projects posted on freelance markets every day
    █ One-stop resource for online freelancing