User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Restaurant Menu on website

Hey everyone,
    I am currently working on a website for a restaurant. In the past I have created each page for each section of the menu. However, this time around I was looking to do something different. Does anyone have any ideas on how to create the restaurant menu on a website, that can be easily edited and maintained and does not require mysql ??? Is there a way to create the menu on ONE page only, but have each link pull up only a SECTION of that page ???

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use Adobe Contribute. Its a companion editor to Dreamweaver that allows the client to edit the site. Its pretty easy to use, although, a little quirky.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use PHP to write to a text file and include that on the page - might be a bit fiddly for clients unless you build a nice interface for them to use.

Contribute would do the job but it's not cheap.

How about something really basic like Snippetmaster? That allows you to set areas to be updated.
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by br0kenb1nary View Post
    Is there a way to create the menu on ONE page only, but have each link pull up only a SECTION of that page ???
    I'm not sure just what you mean by "pull up" - but you could easily do one page with links up top that take the reader to the appropriate section of the page using an anchor tag.

See this recent thread for more info about clients updating their own sites.

Steve

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion. What i meant by pull up is creating only ONE page that holds the entire restaurant menu, but when a link is clicked it only grabs the correct section (breakfast, lunch or dinner) of that menu and displays it. Thanks for the idea of anchor tags but i did not want all the menu on one page.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotcha!

How about hiding layers that each contain a part of the menu, making them visible only when the link is clicked? I haven't done this myself, but these sites have more info.

http://www.geocities.com/technofundo.../showhide.html

http://www.willmaster.com/blog/css/s...oating-div.php

Steve