User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Smart Web Lay-out / Vertical navigation bar

link: sitepoint "dot" com "slash" article "slash" css-animation-technique

Can anybody refer me to a site where "real estate" saving techniques are discussed like the very handy vertical navigation bar you can see at the link above?
    Can anybody give me a hint how "sitepoint" made it happen? Thank you!

We're from teh basements.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, you're making people work way too hard to see what you're trying to show them. Why couldn't you just paste the URL without all the "slash" and "dot" stuff?

Are you referring to this?

Home » Client Side Coding » CSS Tutorials » Warning: This Secret CSS Technique Will Surprise You!

That's called a breadcrumb navigation bar. You can find many examples and free scripts on Google.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, you're making people work way too hard to see what you're trying to show them. Why couldn't you just paste the URL without all the "slash" and "dot" stuff?

Home Client Side Coding CSS Tutorials Warning: This Secret CSS Technique Will Surprise You!

That's called a breadcrumb navigation bar. You can find many examples and free scripts on Google.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by World Wide Weird View Post

Home Client Side Coding CSS Tutorials Warning: This Secret CSS Technique Will Surprise You!

Sorry for the confusion but they don't let me publish a link since I am not a certified Dude on this site yet. You are referring to the right link! I haven't found anything in this direction on Google and and now I am trying to implement something on my own with Jquery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The breadcrumb navigator needs to have knowledge of what directories and/or pages are available on your site. It calls for server-side scripting, not JavaScript - although I suppose you could make a "site map" tree structure of this information with a multidimensional JavaScript array in an external file and update it manually.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - I guess we're having a misunderstanding. I was wondering about the navigation bar with which you can toggle the left pane on the according link. jQuery is the right approach here, I am now trying to adjust my classes so that the according DIV can grow proportionally with the wider space. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see. Did you look at the UI plugins for jQuery? There should be a slider that fits the bill.