User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking to make up a tour comparison site

Hi

I am looking to cobble together a price comparison website aimed at the package tour industry in the far east.

I am looking for a decent existing script to modify, and need some help in locating one. The obvious choice for me would be a free script with as close to the finished product as posible.

The website will primarily be a front end search tool where the user puts in their

Country to tour
    depart date (preferably with flexibility)
    number of days (preferably with flexibility)
    destination (can be 'any' or 'specified')
    budget (in pricing tiers)

This then would return all tours in the query. Tours will be 'sortable' by price highest or lowest first'. Results will show each tour in its own frame with a basic description, depart date, length of tour, price and number of seats left.

There will be 2 admin panels, one for website owner with all the normal functions to control the website, and one for partners (tour company) so that they can list their tours to the database. Also a desirable function would be the ability for a tour operator partner to move any tour spaces to a 'lastminute hotlist' displayed on the homepage. Ideal for if they only have a few spaces left to fill the tour at short notice.

Users will have the ability to book through our site and will have to pay 50% deposit up front, with the balance being paid direct to the tour operator.

If anyone can guide me to a suitable script that can be mashed up, I would be grateful. I have a headache from sp[ending all day sifting through dodgy scripts and non-suitable code.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what type of database will you be using to perform your searches on?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mysql I suppose