Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best phone..

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stardustwd View Post
    I'm glad to see you're not going with the N95, I've had it for around a year now (got it when it first came out) and I really don't like it.

The Wifi is flakey at best, I haven't been able to connect to my home network once despite multiple calls to customer support and obviously being a techy guy.

The camera, although great quality, is ridiculously slow when shooting at 5 megapixels, literally a 3-4 second delay from the shutter to saving where you have to hold the camera still.

Poor onboard memory, I've got a 2gb card but the memory for such an advanced phone is awful.

And it's extremely slow, I don't like the Symbian 60 OS, it's very slow and feels almost middle aged compared to the iPhone.

I think some of the problems have been fixed with the release of the 8gb version but it's just me $0.02.
    Looks like the N82 improves on the speed. I'm sure you've done it already, but just in case, this article recommends updating the firmware for quicker shots on the N95.
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalH View Post
    Fair point, and indeed I am in the market for a decent digital SLR (currently have access to gf's EOS 400D), but also a new phone - and I like the fact that I'd have a pretty decent camera around all the time.

@Stardust, thanks for the info - bugger, I hope the N82 camera doesn't suffer the same sort of lag, it's now on its way.
    Bought the N82 at the weekend (my SE K850i was having problem after problem and after going in for its 5th repair is now consigned back to its box!).

I have to say i'm very impressed with it, took me a bit to get used to the changes between brands (nothing surprising there though), and the camera is very good indeed. It actually has 2 cameras, one for lower res photos and one for the higher quality stuff. It also has a built in sat nav, which I haven't fully tried yet. No regrets about buying it yet though. It also looks stylish too.

The only thing I would say as a small downer is that the keypad buttons are quite small and if you have fat fingers you may, on more than one occasion, press the wrong keys!

In the past the Nokia's have IMO fallen slightly short of the SE's and the Samsungs (and I'm not talking about all singing-all dancing features, merely just the ability to use it as a phone and text service) but they seem to have redeemed themselves with the N-Series

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    So is my Nokia, so is every smartphone. Although I've only 2GB card, but no-one stops me from plugging in 16GB or bigger (once such is available). iPhone on the other hand, doesn't even have storage expansion option, afaik. So do your judgement.

I dunno, I don't mean to sound overly negative for no reason, it's not a bad phone at all. But the more I look at it, the more limiting I find it, there is really a ton of way better phones. iPhone is definitely not worth the hype. Again, hats off to Apple's remarkable marketing campaign, can only learn from that.
    Well, I will only seriously compare phones when I am going to buy it. I am not into mobile phone dedicion making right now as I am not going to buy any, and I don't know about the specifications of other phones.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arkinstall View Post
    For me, no phone has ever beaten ones from HTC.

http://www.htc.com/www/product.aspx?id=49518

I like this one.. Very cool..

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by molona View Post
    Well, I will only seriously compare phones when I am going to buy it. I am not into mobile phone dedicion making right now as I am not going to buy any, and I don't know about the specifications of other phones.
    Ok then my job here is done, I made you turn "it will be iPhone" into "I will only seriously compare phones when I am going to buy it"
    Saul

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    Ok then my job here is done, I made you turn "it will be iPhone" into "I will only seriously compare phones when I am going to buy it"
    What happens if I decide to buy an iPhone (at the end)?

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can bet you won't (unless you deliberately want to prove me wrong )
    Saul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent the last couple of years with an HTC windows mobile phones and Blackberrys and just recently switch to an IPhone 3G.

There is no comparison at all. The IPhone is the best phone I've ever owned and allows me to be 10 times more productive. I wouldn't trade it for any phone on the market.

CommerceStyle.com
    : E-commerce Design Inspiration and Information.

Follow me on Twitter!
    : Ecommerce, design and everything else.

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Careful slaction, you may wake the daemon inside PHP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I think the new Nokia E71 is the best phone on the market. If you need a practical phones full of up-to-date features (so the iPhone isn't an option), get this one. It has a great key board (although you might have a problem if you have big fingers), a very stable OS and best of all, great battery life.