User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Vote.rjs RJS error, Object Error

Hi, I'm working through Building Your Own Web Applicatoins with Rails and I've run into a problem with IE7. When I click the "vote" button, the highlight field updates, and the voting history field even updates, but I get the error.
    RJS Error - [Object Error], which is followed by another screen, $("vote_history").update("\u003\Cli\u003E12 Jul 23:26......"); Element Update("vote_score, "Score:51");$("vote_score").visualEffect("highlight")

I've tried removing the section that updates the vote field, and the highlight, as well as leaving this in and removing the voting history section from vote.rjs, but I still get the error. It's frustrating because it doesn't happen in Firefox, only in IE.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having problem too working on example on page 213 of 'Build your own Ruby on Rails Web Applications'. When I click on the Vote button, an error message 'RJS error: [object error]' is displayed. Clicking the OK button, an other error message is displayed: "Element update("vote_score", "Score: 8"); $("vote_score").visualEffect(hightlight");

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I managed to find the problem using firebug.

here's what on the book:
    page[:vote_score].visual_effect :hightlight

however after inspecting the page using firebug, there's not such thing as visual_effect. Infact the actual name for the method is visualEffect

therefore, your code shoul be replaced by this line:-

page[:vote_score].visualEffect :hightlight