SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd Javascript or Possible CSS glitch?

The glitch can be found by visiting http://searchclickhost.com where you will find + signs to expand the option choices. It works great in Firefox but IE 7 seems to "drop" the checkboxes "below" the white background (you can see this if you expand one of the lower sections, you'll be able to see the checkbox to the left of the background but not over the background) until you hover your mouse over the section, and then they stay put until you collapse and expand the box again.

There are absolutely no mouseover events in the code affecting this area yet something is triggered when the mouse is over.

The only javascript I can find on it.
    ------------------------------------
    <&#37; javascript_tag do -%>
    $('<%= opt_group_id -%>').style.display = 'none';
    $('<%= opt_group_id -%>_indicator').innerHTML = '+';
    <% end unless show_opts -%>
    ------------------------------------

I can't locate any CSS directly affecting the area and absolutely no hover effects via CSS

Any insight would be helpful.

I'm using Ruby on Rails here if that makes a difference, but I don't think it does.
    Finding options is easy, making decisions is not always so.
    Compare hundreds of hosting plans quickly.
    The Ultimate Web Hosting Search Engine - Now Live!!

We're from teh basements.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The code looks like it uses some sort of JavaScript "framework". It's not jQuery syntax. Maybe Prototype? The <&#37;= opt_group_id -%> parts are rather reminiscent of classic ASP tags. Maybe Rails code? At any rate, it makes no sense as standalone JavaScript.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do believe that prototype is involved in the process, but that's more for just naming the group that's showing up.

I'm starting to think it might be a glitch of .innerHTML

Further exploration with CSS and perhaps a z-index issue has proved unfruitful.

Are there any glitches .innerHTML has shown in the past? I've tried searching it out, but nothing seems to be in line with a layering issue or hover affect for that matter.
    Finding options is easy, making decisions is not always so.
    Compare hundreds of hosting plans quickly.
    The Ultimate Web Hosting Search Engine - Now Live!!

We're from teh basements.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never heard about any glitches with .innerHTML. It has to be a CSS issue specific to IE7. I do know that early releases of IE7 did some really bizarre things with style rules, like render white text in black.