SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dealing with firefox's font magnification?

hello all,
    im just looking for some insight into FF's ability to make fonts extremely large (ctrl++). im coding my web site and my <div>'s expand to fit the text perfectly fine, especially in IE (suprisingly), when text size option is set to largest or smallest. now in FF it seems once i get to a decently large size it pushes the <div>'s top margins way down. i understand its not likely people will surf with this text size on full so in essence I am wondering if there is anyway to stop the text from moving the <div>'s. i cant post the code but if anyone needs in an example i would be happy to throw one up.

heres a brief example to draw in your mind what the divs look like:

Code:
    <div id = "container">

<h1> container heading </h1> <!-- fixed height with image replacement (no text in this box so no worries here -->

<p> container content is in here </p> <!-- this section has no height set and expands when the text gets larger -->

</div>
    thanks for any replies, and hopefully i was clear enough for everyone.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Centauri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the normal action of margin collapse when the first item in a container has a top margin (possibly the browser's default margin if these have not been zeroed), which will drag the top of the container down. better to use top padding on the container rather than top margin on the first child.