SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FruitMedley posted this article on this site about how to transfer the site from buyer to seller and other transfer related information.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with most of your points, also I need to add that you should be aware about the accuracy of the information posted, otherwise webmasters can detect some incorrect information and you will end up with bad results on your auction

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be prepared to readily provide proof of the metrics of your website, to prevent the buyer from losing interest and moving on to a different deal. This will also increase your credibility as serious and reputable seller.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From reading the threads, this got complicated for me and fast. Is there a place for someone with no intentions of doing this as a long term business venture get just the steps to listing a site for sale?

Most of the comments appear to be for those who do this regularly, I'm not one of them. I have a simple blog and want to sell it.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Experienced buyers I know would prefer to buy a site from a one-off seller who has nutured and built his site up than from the serial sellers listing half a dozen sites a day.

Whether you sell and what price you get for it is going to depend almost entirely on how much of profit you're making now (less the value of the time one needs to spend to maintain the site).

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy hooperman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solotraveler View Post
    From reading the threads, this got complicated for me and fast. Is there a place for someone with no intentions of doing this as a long term business venture get just the steps to listing a site for sale?

Most of the comments appear to be for those who do this regularly, I'm not one of them. I have a simple blog and want to sell it.
    The steps for listing a site for sale should be the same whether you do it regularly, or just once. Is there anything in particular that confuses you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, some people tend to change their minds of the length of the auction period when it comes to no one ever bids on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post. It does make a lot of sense to me. Just wanna add a little...

Just try take every effort for providing accurate details of your site because every serious offer will demand a high level of accuracy. If you are not very serious about making a lot of money then just idle away your time by providing the least info for your buyer about your site. That simple.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most important is to be honest. People will see if you hiding something, and they will destroy you with bad comments. Also the more screenshoots (and even videos) the better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's usually is i rule that when you selling a profitable business that you sell it 12x what's the business is worth. If I have a website and it's making me a 1,000 a month well I'm not going to sell if for less than 12,000. Now if I get more great! But nothing less.