User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question I really need your Help...

Hi...
    I wana design growing floral video clip for a TV program and I have 2 question about this:
    1) Is the Flash MX best for this work , or other software can do this better?
    2) Which Video Compression is best for achieving high qulity ?

thanks alot
    Last edited by Dani.Graphist; Jul 9, 2008 at 13:06.

Community Advisor silver trophy

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Flash is fine for animating this presuming MX can output an animation as an .avi (it's a long time since I used that version)
    It's quite easy to use masks to get the 'growing' effect, see here), but remember a couple things if the output is for TV:
    - Use the framerate of the relevant tv standard, pal or ntsc e.g 25/29.97
    - TV output doesn't use square aspect pixels, so you need to either work at the correct resolution but viewing your work 'squashed' horizontally or work in a resolution that will resample horizontally to conform with the tv resolution (e.g typically 1024x576 square pixel -> 720x576 pal 4:3 or 16:9).
    - I'd deliver the animation uncompressed if possible, if you must compress 1st choice would be quicktime animation codec at 100% quality (lossless but slightly smaller filesize), 2nd would be quicktime photo-jpeg @ 97% (very nearly lossless, smaller filesize). Don't be tempted to use heavy compression e.g divx, mpeg, mp4, as your work may well be processed/composited/re-compressed in ways that will bring out any compression artefacts.
    - Check the text safe areas and don't incorporate any important elements near the edges, these margins are quite large for TV work as they have to incorporate the different ways people use widescreen i.e cropped and also tvs with poorly set scan widths etc

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi dear Eastcoast
    thanks for your complete guidance..
    thank you very much