SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think there only 0.01% people are using IE 5. if i was you , i will forget about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Paul O'B, you've really helped me to finally understand the Internet Explorer hasLayout property. I'd really like to write an article on my blog about it, and with your permission perhaps quote a line from your CSS reference.

The line I'd like to use in a blockquote is:

In fact, 99% of the Internet Explorer CSS bugs you encounter on a daily basis can be fixed using a hasLayout fix in the correct place.
    My blog is aimed at passing on easy to understand information about areas of web design that took me ages to get a handle on. Information about the hasLayout property is scarce and I think more people/beginners should be made aware of it—which is kind of what I'm hoping to do by writting about it.

Once again thanks a million. I'm looking forward to reading through more of your excellent CSS reference

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Can I download and install Firefox 3.0 as a standalone?
    Well by default FF3 will install to the same directory as FF2 and overwrite it. There are methods of installing to another directory and setting up different profiles but I found it easier to install FF3 as the main browser and then download the FF2 portable browser from the link I showed you which will not conflict with FF3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitsfeat View Post
    I don't know if I should be worrying too much about how things look in these browser versions, but am wondering if there might be a simple fix.

Please take a look at this page in any other browser, and then in either IE 5.5 or 5.

http://www.jeremyhodge.pwp.blueyonde...k/gallery.html

The faint stripey borders on the thumbnail images arn't showing up.

Notice too that the thumbnails have all moved over and are not spaced correctly.

If anyone has a solution please could you let me know, thank you.
    http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

hope this helps

SitePoint Evangelist ferrari_chris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jojo View Post
    Just be aware of the "disclaimer" that goes with these stats - their sampled audience may not represent your audience.

Quote Originally Posted by W3Schools
    W3Schools is a website for people with an interest for web technologies. These people are more interested in using alternative browsers than the average user. The average user tends to use Internet Explorer, since it comes preinstalled with Windows. Most do not seek out other browsers.

These facts indicate that the browser figures above are not 100% realistic. Other web sites have statistics showing that Internet Explorer is used by at least 80% of the users.