User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to fatch wordpress blog entries title in website pages

Hello Friends,

I am bit confuse that having problem to fatch my wordpress blog entries on my website pages. I want to fatch Latest 10 blog entries title and want to link from my pages. But I am unable to find any code for this. Can any body help me and show me the code.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Garry,
    You need to add the following to your pages to call WordPress functions outside of WordPress itself.

PHP Code:
    require('../../../wp-blog-header.php'); 
    Once you have that added, you should be able to use regular WordPress loops I think. Although I haven't tried this myself. Another route would be to render a page in WordPress with just the HTML you want to add for your latest posts section, then include that in your non-Wordpress pages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanhellyer View Post
    Hi Garry,
    You need to add the following to your pages to call WordPress functions outside of WordPress itself.

PHP Code:
    require('../../../wp-blog-header.php'); 
    Once you have that added, you should be able to use regular WordPress loops I think. Although I haven't tried this myself. Another route would be to render a page in WordPress with just the HTML you want to add for your latest posts section, then include that in your non-Wordpress pages.
    The process is not clear for me so please explain it little more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming here that your 'website' is run via PHP and you know what a WordPress loop is and how to manipulate them. If not, let me know and we'll need to start from a more simpler level.

Basically you just add the call to wp-blog-header.php to the top of your PHP script. The script hooks into all of the various WordPress functions etc. and should allow you to use all of the regular WordPress functionality. It is called automatically by WordPress, hence you don't need to use it in WordPress powered sites.

Then you add a WordPress loop to the part of your pages you want the loop to appear.

And bingo, the WordPress loop will appear - or at least I think it should. I've never tried doing this. All of my loops are run from within WordPress itself so I haven't needed to use this approach before.