SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vintage Design- Urban Era Photograph

I found this picture of a design artist and it has a vintage style of design to it.
    How can you do something like this? In photoshop CS3? I want to start making
    some of my Designs like this Picture.
    Blake Tallos - Software Engineer for Sanctuary
    Software Studio, Inc. C# - Fanatic!
    http://www.sancsoft.com/

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Blake - it is really quite simple to design such a thing. First you have to have a decent photo of a person of course, unless you are skilled enough to create an image yourself. But if you were you would not have asked I guess.
    Add all the added changes in layers to the image. Play with the opacities and fades, lay one layer in with the diagonal striping over a background of mixed colors strategically placed first. One layer with the scratches. Be bold and play around. You can always start again. I make myself always a duplicate layer when I take a test ride with techniques, then I never lose anything that I had achieved before.
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Datura -Sorry that i wasn't specific with my question. What i shouldve asked was How do you make those Lines that are Being crossed through the image?And do you see the "Image Perfect" Text? How do you make the Pink color fade? Ive seen this before Like you Make a Bold Line and then it starts to become weaker and weaker and weaker. Isnt it a good Graphic?

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lines can just be a Photoshop "Pattern Overlay"... found in the Layer Effects menu.

You might need to create the pattern yourself. Make a small square with a diagonal line of pixels running North-East to South-West. If you google for "scan lines" or something similar you should get a tutorial.

The pink streaks look like a Motion Blur filter. Play with it, you could figure that out yourself quickly.

Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaun gave some good tips there. You can also try for the faded tails on the pink streaks a feathered selection and delete.

The diagonal stripes could also be made the old fashioned way: draw some lines on paper with a fine pen and scan in. That is always an option if you get stuck. Be inventive
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun(OfTheDead) View Post
    The lines can just be a Photoshop "Pattern Overlay"... found in the Layer Effects menu.

You might need to create the pattern yourself. Make a small square with a diagonal line of pixels running North-East to South-West. If you google for "scan lines" or something similar you should get a tutorial.

The pink streaks look like a Motion Blur filter. Play with it, you could figure that out yourself quickly.

This is the same thing that I do for some of my graphics work. To put in a little more detail to this, you start with a new image, size being around 2-4 pixels (I'm not that sure anymore since it was a long time since I last did this pattern) you use the pencil tool and trace a diagonal line across the 2-4 pixel box.

click the option define pattern. and then save it. You can now overlay that pattern to your picture.

I'm not that good in explaining so you can also check out some tutorials online it's fairly easy to do.

And about the text, you can duplicate that text layer, rasterize it and then do all the editing you want with it to achieve that kind of effect. Experiment a lot and you might be surprised at what you come up with.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lines are pattern you can make it by doing this steps. Open new file > set size to 3 x 3 pixels > make the background transparent > click on pencil tool > set master diameter to 1 px > draw horizontal line the the canvas from upper right to lower left > Click "edit" > Define Pattern.

Color fading effect might be, You can use either brush or gradient tool ( Foreground to transparent ) any color of your choice. Plus play with some grunge effect by downloading Grunge brush. Just gaygle it. Drifting pink blood on the title is also brush effect "Splatter". I hope this one helps.

Fonts. Might be or similar to arial rounded "Bold" keep them tight by adjusting A-V to negative and then apply stroke effect to the font.

Hope it helps. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your help.