SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Detailed guide on how to boost your blog Traffic!

Hi there guys here is my latest guide on how to boost your blog traffic please comment below!!
    Everyone wants to taste success of a popular blog but its not easy to achieve this. You need to be dedicated and daily update your blog with new and useful content. Commonly blogs about politics, gaming, technology and celebrities are going to be very popular. Blogs about yourself, gardening, holidays etc.. are going to be less popular as not as many people want to know about that. Blog success for different people means different things for example for you it might mean getting 100 people to your site on one day where as for me it might be to get 15 comments on my blog today. I have developed a list of things I think will help you to get more traffic to your site and hopefully will work for you!

Submit your blog to Directories
    This can have a huge effect on your blog. Submitting your blog to directories will boost your blog traffic and improve back-links to your blog. Its also important not to submit to to many directories at once as it will harm your seo. I would recommend to submit to about 5 directories per day! I have put together a list of directories which can be located HERE

Comment on other blogs similar to yours
    This method, if done effectively can bring you a lot of traffic. When commenting on someones blog you must not say "Nice Site, Visit Mine" You must write a little sentence or 2 complementing them on there site and saying how you found it useful then say you found a site similar to theirs and you think it would be useful. This will also give you some good back links but only comment on sites which have high amount of traffic flowing through them, because you'll be wasting your time otherwise!

Link Exchanges
    Offer to link exchange with other webmasters of similar blogs to yours to try and gain a little more traffic. This traffic would be targeted as there coming from a niche similar to yours so are more likely to stay on the page rather than cross it down! Don't go overboard on this as you don't want a blog roll off about 100 Links! try and keep it to sites very similar to yours that are getting a but more traffic than you so you benefit more!

Social Bookmarking
    You can use this to generate huge amounts of traffic. Sites such as Digg.com are built for users to post their news articles on them. Post up a new article about your new website, If you have got some friends with digg accounts then get them to digg you. If you reach the digg homepage then expect your traffic to go of the scale. Generally you need around 50-60 diggs in a day to get to the homepage. You can also get little widgets that you can post on your blog with a digg me button. This can interact your users into digging you!

Post on Similar Forums
    This isn't possible for ever subject but try and find popular forums on your subject and leave a link to your site in your signature. It possible posts links to it if someone is asking for a site like yours! This will get the word out into communities that use sites like yours so should have a very positive effect on your traffic.

SitePoint Enthusiast CoreyFreeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty common tips, but good ones. You shouldn't digg/stumble your own stuff though. People get mad and stumbleupon will actually penalize you for it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Digg my own stuff but dont allways stumble-upon i get a mate to do it for me!
    Keep the comments coming!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good list of the directories and website to submit blog. Using social networks like digg and SU always helps in getting tons of instant traffic but that fades away. However leaving comments (preferebely starting comments) always get noticed.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO Problem Glad you found it useful!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great
    well discussed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great post.. You can find some more tips about blog traffic increase here :- <snip>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clissical approach..nothing new and innovative but thanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the useful information. I'll definitely try the things you have described in your article.
    If you want to do something right, do it yourself!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Problem Guys! Sign up to the rss feed on the site so you can keep in track with our latest articles!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do all those things already - I'm kinda stuck what else to do now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've dreaded this, but I have given it a try...

Writing and submiting articles to article directories which creates backlinks. I've notice and increase in web traffic on a copule of niche blogs that I have.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments as i say its a guide for mostly new webmasters!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I need to start attempting to boost my blogs traffic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add more details about leaving comments on other blogs, here is a thread that I just started - How to Post Comments on other Blogs to Promote your Blog

Unfortunately, I did not saw this thread when I post that one.

Thanks.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info! Thanks, will definiitely come in handy.