SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Technical Director at StuckOn JakeCop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where pays you for content writing in the UK?

What sites do people know of that pay you to write articles or blogs in the UK? I ask for the UK specifically because some of the US based ones want content around things that are US specific and I find that hard to research.

I've used www.wordsofworth.co.uk, who offer monthly contracts for a fixed fee, but what UK sites pay for individual articles?

Has anyone got any ideas or experience with any of them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the bump but has anyone got any feedback on this? I'm looking for somewhere that pays to write content without the just the odd article. Reviewme.com is another site I've used, but that's just for content on your own site.

I'm hoping to find somewhere that pays writers to write content for other websites, but offers regular work for quality content.

Does anyone know any websites that do that, other than the one I mentioned in the first post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that this website might be a good place for you to advertise your services. Or digital point forum--there are a lot of thread for content writers over there.

If you are interested in earning Adsense income from your own work, then definitely check out Xomba. This is an adsense revenue sharing site. I earn at least 25 bucks a day there in passive income from articles I've written in the past.

Essentially, you start your own blog there and you split Adsense rev with the site. It sounds crappy that you have to split the revenue, but it actually is to your advantage. The site has a lot of consistent traffic and a vibrant community, so you will get more traffic than if you started your own random blog.

This is one of the best and most profitable sites I write for. (see my link in my signature). I can give you some pointers or answer questions you may have about the site.

There is also Hubpages and AssociatedContent. Another one you might try is called constant content, but I haven't had too much luck with that company. Good luck.
    Find free tv shows online.
    Home Security Guide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback chrismac, the Xomba sites looks very interesting.

I've seen constant content before and they're not quite what I was looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jake,

Yeah, to be honest Constant Content is a pretty lame site. I wouldn't recommend it. However, Xomba is a good place to write if you are interested in making money with Adsense and link building.

Here's my referral link (if you don't mind using it!!) : http://xomba.com/referral/777778f0

I write alot about movies and other stuff in the news and it brings me pretty good residual income--generally at least $20 to $27 daily.

Let me know what you think about the site.

Have you found any other good sites. I also have been submitting articles to ArticleMarketer.com, but that requires payment per quarter and is also just used for link building purposes. Take care.
    Find free tv shows online.
    Home Security Guide.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi , Its interesting you mentioned words of worth , how did you find them to work for ?
    I only ask because I recently did a sample piece for them and was put on their waiting list but couldn't find any reviews of them to say whether they are on the level or not?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great knowledge for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeCop View Post
    Sorry for the bump but has anyone got any feedback on this? I'm looking for somewhere that pays to write content without the just the odd article. Reviewme.com is another site I've used, but that's just for content on your own site.

I'm hoping to find somewhere that pays writers to write content for other websites, but offers regular work for quality content.

Does anyone know any websites that do that, other than the one I mentioned in the first post?
    Have you tried your luck at freelance sites? You can find many copywriting jobs posted at freelance sties everyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurk about london.craigslist@co.uk only replacing the @ with a 'dot' or full stop. I can't post links as I'm only a new member here, incase you're wondering why I posted the link in that format! Gumtree advertises for writing jobs in the UK too, the jobs are limited and scarce in comparison to those shown on craigslist but nonetheless are still there; money is money.