SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 31 of 31
  1. #26
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Personally I think you are being rather biased with your own perception of how things work but that is just my viewpoint here. You can’t honestly make claims like “without a mentor you will fail” because you have no viable grounds or evidence to back up this matter however if you wish to state your point, provide some cited sources that actually correlate more than just some grand theory you have produced upon nothing more than your own experiences.

    It is however not a myth that you can start with nothing but an idea and become successful, what makes success is not down to someone else’s handiwork, what makes someone successful is hard work, determination and the will to learn. No-one said planning was bad, or budgets are bad or mentors are bad, this is something you have produced from your own imagination, what however people such as me have been stating is that mentorship is not always required.

    Some people do benefit from being mentored; however as someone who is entirely self-taught, I am not one of them. As for your illogical comparative with surgeons, web design does not need a medical degree, all it requires is someone willing to put the time in to learn how to code, there is no professional body who oversees creating for the web, you cannot get struck off for bad practice and in many areas, there isn’t even a model to work with. You are comparing apples and oranges and there is no comparison to be drawn.

  2. #27
    SitePoint Enthusiast igrowyourbiz.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    clearwater, FL , USA
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you are wrong...a lot i guess in this conversation.

    1) the only posts that are biased are the ones that take simple things out of context

    2) SHOW ME WHERE I SAID "without a mentor you will fail"?
    I didn't say that...

    I did QUOTE the old saying..those who fail to plan, plan to fail... i will say thats pretty true...as i stated 98% of those who fail do so

    3) who said mentors, budgets and plans were bad...lets see:

    Quote Originally Posted by KM Richards View Post
    Problem with getting a "coach" is that it's like hiring a consultant...it's a crap shoot
    cause half these guys don't know what's right for you.
    Another few thousand bucks flushed...
    sounds like they think its bad

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    personally I think it is pointless to hire someone if you understand the industry you are working in well...
    well, look who said it was bad...even with the "conditional"...you are still wrong...why do the TOP OF THE TOP FORTUNE 500 have mentors and coaches???

    all the smart aleck responses STILL havent answered that!

    Quote Originally Posted by KM Richards View Post
    Hey, I'm a coach too! Pay me $150 per hour and I'll tell you
    all kinds of positive crap to make you feel good about shelling out a bunch of money. And, it's a tax write off business expense!
    The sarcasm is clear, thinks coaching is bad

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    I don't have a budget, a written plan, or a mentor/coach. I'm successful.

    My advice to anyone that reads this kind of thing hoping to figure out why they're not successful in their online ventures stop reading it. Don't go to the IM forums, don't buy the ebooks, don't buy the video courses, don't pay to attend the webinars.

    If you feel the need to buy something to better yourself, make it a book.
    wow...books are better than the actual people that WRITE the books????

    4) evidence? are you JOKING?

    and there are TONS of reports (try using google) on the lack of success for business endeavors and the contributing factors.

    Sure one COULD learn web design, but those who get taught are MUCH better than those self taught.

    You want to live in a box thats fine...again...would you rather the "self taught" doctor? dentist?

    how many employees do you have? whats the gross of your company

    I would like to interview you and publicize how you grew a company 100% self taught and NEVER EVER had anyone help you or teach you anything.

    Looks like your oranges are mixed in with my apples.

    yes, its very clear...this is an apples to oranges discussion, the purpose of this was to help (funny this is the only forum with this kind of flame on such a thing)..no worries...carry on...keep reading books and telling people "how successful" that has made you.

    No need for school (coaches and mentors) kids...and of course all these successful people don't bother to make plans or set budgets when they buy their real estate or make investments...

    yah, i think its clear which of these posts to pay attention too and which ones to not.

  3. #28
    SitePoint Enthusiast igrowyourbiz.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    clearwater, FL , USA
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unsubscribe...

    I won't see any further updates on this, anyone who wishes to discuss this can PM me.

  4. #29
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is most probably the most illogically debated thread I have been apart of in this forum, I guess it is a good thing that it has been terminated from the OP’s end.

  5. #30
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..Interesting. I liked your instant messaging response to the person's comments- it makes no sense that they never even followed their "own advice" with what their ebook covers- goes to show how important proof end good credibility is if you're considering buying a make money product online (or anything, anywhere fro that matter!)
    Great thread.
    Get ebook covers or minisite designs made to go
    - Fully 100% satisfaction guaranteed service!
    Browse my online portfolio of original ebook covers today!

  6. #31
    Headed Home! KM Richards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I'm right Here!
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igrowyourbiz.com View Post
    there are TONS of reports (try using google)
    There you have it...

    If it's on the net, it's gotta be true!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •