Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is the BEST Blog Platform?

Hello All,

I have been researching many webmaster forums and finding it difficult to have one page showing me a poll of the best blogger of your choice.

I have set up a poll for Wordpress, Blogger, Nucleus, Textpattern, TypePad, Drupal, Others
    http://www.iwebie.com/choose-your-favourite-blog-platform

Please cast your vote and post a comment supporting your choice for the same in iwebie. It would be very helpful for a lot of users who would wanna see practically about which is being used the most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing beats a good old notepad app although i hear good things about WordPress

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    nothing beats a good old notepad app although i hear good things about WordPress
    Heh heh. Thanks mate. I know good old Notepad is good. But you cant use it to create a website. Atleast not a website like that of wordpress. Please vote from my site and comment upon your choice. Will be helpful for other webmasters to choose a good Blog Platform.

Click Here

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In-terms of security, features and usability I'd probably go with a self-hosted wordpress blog.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep Very true. I have a self hosted wordpress and regularly update the security patches when available.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Blogger, because it's free, and because it has a user friendly interface. But i would recommend you to have your own domain with Wordpress. It gives you more credibility and freedom.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Wordpress and Blogger are free. I use wordpress with Blue Host

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a blog newbie prospective I have found a self hosted wordpress blog installed by Fantastico to be far and away the best choice.

I have just started my first blog and I couldn't believe how easy it was to use wordpress.

Jason
    http://www.auctionarena.com - Where to Find Stuff To Sell on eBay

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WordPress manually installed from wordpress.org with the Automatic Upgrade plugin is the best choice.

WordPress installed via SimpleScripts is the second best choice.

WordPress installed via Fantastico with the automatic upgrade plugin installed so that you can ignore Fantastico after finishing the install comes a distant third.

Everything else is way behind with blogger.com and wordpress.com madly racing each other to see which can come last.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    WordPress manually installed from wordpress.org with the Automatic Upgrade plugin is the best choice.

WordPress installed via SimpleScripts is the second best choice.

WordPress installed via Fantastico with the automatic upgrade plugin installed so that you can ignore Fantastico after finishing the install comes a distant third.

Everything else is way behind with blogger.com and wordpress.com madly racing each other to see which can come last.
    I have it installed using Fantastico that comes with bluehost. You mean to say that is not proffered when compared to the normal installation i.e manually uploading wordpress and configuring it.

A Holistic SEO Approach
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WordPress it is very easy to develop websites using it!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Mountain View View Post
    WordPress it is very easy to develop websites using it!
    I think now I can easily say Wordpress is the best of the lot. Everyone loves it. I wonder why I still see many using other blog platforms

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is the BEST Blog Platform for me?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this topic has been discussed many times. Anyway I am sure most web designers or web design companies will agree that Wordpres sis the best blog software available. Websites or blogs designed with Wordpress are very easy to manage. It is so easy to update and maintain the blogs. It is probably one of the easiest software to install on a server. The biggest advantage of wordpress powered websites I feel is in search engine marketing. Wordpress pages are very easily indexed by Google and most search engine optimization is built in. Once configured properly you will find that no on page SEO work is required plus the pages will rank high on Google. Google themselves have acknowledged that wordpress is excellent for Google indexing.

A Holistic SEO Approach
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kronikmedia View Post
    I think this topic has been discussed many times. Anyway I am sure most web designers or web design companies will agree that Wordpres sis the best blog software available. Websites or blogs designed with Wordpress are very easy to manage. It is so easy to update and maintain the blogs. It is probably one of the easiest software to install on a server. The biggest advantage of wordpress powered websites I feel is in search engine marketing. Wordpress pages are very easily indexed by Google and most search engine optimization is built in. Once configured properly you will find that no on page SEO work is required plus the pages will rank high on Google. Google themselves have acknowledged that wordpress is excellent for Google indexing.
    The very easy to manage part is why we build with WordPress.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kronikmedia View Post
    Wordpress pages are very easily indexed by Google and most search engine optimization is built in. So True. All my new posts are indexed on the same day which is excellent

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as a complete noob, I love how easy wordpress is.

A Holistic SEO Approach
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hemanthjava View Post
    Both Wordpress and Blogger are free. I use wordpress with Blue Host
    Yes they are both free... My preference is Wordpress. We had a hosted blogger blog that was ranked #1 until it quit working and Google offered no help. So I switched to Wordpress and I am glad I did.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is one of the best blogging platform...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used blogspot just for some weeks, then installed wordpress on my own hosting account, with domain and all that jazz. Have never looked back. I got used to the script and so far it does bring me all good results I aim for.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dojo View Post
    I have used blogspot just for some weeks, then installed wordpress on my own hosting account, with domain and all that jazz. Have never looked back. I got used to the script and so far it does bring me all good results I aim for.
    Looks like Wordpress is the UNDISPUTED winner of all Blogs.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is by far the best it has so many plugins that you can use to expose your site on the search engines like xml sitemap and seo pack and so much more.

SitePoint Enthusiast pinkyslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CMS like joomla and others are making an impact latley. Google is picking them up especially if they have the right plugins or SEO plugins.

SitePoint Enthusiast CoreyFreeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once used texteditor (yay for macs..) and an iframe to make my personal blog. No joke. There was no commenting system, but hey, there was no admin area to crack either.

I personally like wordpress. It's good for pretty much whatever you wanna do.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is the winner each time ( self hosted )