SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeking Advice/Tips

So my partner and I started a website in November of 2006, since then the website has become a top destination for users in it's niche. Without going into much detail it's a mainstream website generating 150,000-200,000 impressions daily. Great amount of direct traffic, SE traffic, and referring sites traffic.

It generates a decent amount of income but it can do so much better...we were waiting on a deal with investors that completely fell through at the last minute, waiting on said deal set us back about 8 months of development (we have other great ideas for sites in the niche to roll out that we put on hold)..So we're pretty screwed at the moment.

My question is we would like to find some potential investors but have no idea where to look (the first group approached us)...does anyone have any tips in regards to that?

We're also considering bringing in a third partner with the appropriate contacts that'll help us get some high cpms and direct ad purchases ...so if anyones interested PM for more details...

Thanks to anyone who can contribute anything, if you'd like to know the site--just shoot me a PM.

--Mods I don't know if this was the appropriate section to post this in so my apologies

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that's not THAT much traffic. If your idea is truly unique, you could approach some angel investors (VC's that give out smaller sums of money) to try and grow, but it sounds like you'd have a hard time getting an investor.

What is your business plan? Marketing plan?

It doesn't sound to me like you need investors, you need to optimize your site, get it profitable (or more profitable) and then optimize it some more. Look for other ad networks if the ones you're using aren't paying well. Or sell ads through a company like TLA.

PM me the site - I'd like to take a look at it. I may have some suggestions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    correction not impressions,Pageviews is what I meant....we average about 60,000 Uniques/daily ...so..id say its a good amount of traffic