SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cost of Website receiving texts

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong section, I did my best to pick a relevant forum. About how much money would it cost to hire someone on elance and have them make a website that allowed users to create a very simple account and send text messages to the website and have the website display the text messages?

If anyone could give me a ball park range I'd really appreciate it.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need an SMS gateway to connect your website to a cellular provider to get the texts. You probably need to talk to the phone companies about getting that set up and pricing. That'll be the main expense of that site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah. I see. Thanks for the reply it really helped.

If the site only receives messages and doesn't send any do those fees still apply?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Receiving is harder than sending. You need to actually get a number for people to send the texts to, and connect that to your software...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SMS gateway is must and it is costly excercize.....
    however posting SMS to website will need SMS gateway..

Web design cost will depend on how big you website and what additional functionality you are looking...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For someone to send you the messages and display it properly on your website, you need to buy shortcodes from your SMS gateway provider. A gateway solutions provider who can give away the shortcodes would be a reputed firm as well.

You must choose the gateway provider depending on the country you are in and the target visitors you would like to send in them messages. I hope I am clear on that. If you are looking to accept messages internationally, costs may be in the higher end. Design and developmental costs for such a website can be anywhere from $750 - $2500 depending on the features you would require.
    eGlueWeb - Your trusted partner for the web - offers PHP6 hosting
    Quality support for PHP 5, PHP 6, Ruby, JSP and more
    Remote MySQL, PostgreSQL, anytime pro-rated refund.
    No Monthly Setup Fee Coupon Code : NOSETUP