SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation No space left on device (was "Urgent Assistance PLEASE!!!")

Code:
    Warning: Unknown(): write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
    I am getting this error on my site. I have googled this error and it is telling me it relates to a /temp/ folder of some form. I am currently on a hosting plan (not a dedicated server). Is there ANY way I can access to fix this problem either from my control panel or by code?????

Please help
    Regards,
    BJ Duncan

secure webapps for all Aleksejs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact your hosting admin.

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And get a new host while you are at it--basically, the server ran out of disk space. Which should not happen in a responsibly managed environment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A BIG THANKS to the quick replies. I have taken some advise so far and I did contact the hosting provider. They were pretty quick with fixing the problem. The error was resolved within 12 hours of me finding the error.

This has prompted a few questions that come to mind about this issue:
    • How did this happen?
    • Is there anyway I could pro-actively prevent situations like this occuring again (from my end of things, ie. coding)
    • And get a new host while you are at it--basically, the server ran out of disk space. Which should not happen in a responsibly managed environment.
      wwb_99 recommended I change providers due to this particular error occuring for a valid reason. Definately not to undermine your judgement wwb_99, however, taking into consideration the swift response from the provider to rectify the error, should I continue with this recommendation?

Again, many thanks for the support guys.
    Regards,
    BJ Duncan

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ Duncan View Post
    A BIG THANKS to the quick replies. I have taken some advise so far and I did contact the hosting provider. They were pretty quick with fixing the problem. The error was resolved within 12 hours of me finding the error.

This has prompted a few questions that come to mind about this issue:
    • How did this happen?
    • Is there anyway I could pro-actively prevent situations like this occuring again (from my end of things, ie. coding)
    • wwb_99 recommended I change providers due to this particular error occuring for a valid reason. Definately not to undermine your judgement wwb_99, however, taking into consideration the swift response from the provider to rectify the error, should I continue with this recommendation?

Again, many thanks for the support guys.
    It means that the /tmp directory ran out of space due to it being full, there is nothing you can do about this the server administrators should be running some sort of file garbage collection on /tmp which obviously they aren't. Very unprofessional if you ask me.