SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Content copyright

My English is very poor, so I have an idea, use google to find the topics I need, study the article, and modify the artice.

Is it lawful? Or can I do so?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the license of the article in question. But 99.99% of the time, it's very illegal.

However, this would also depend on what you mean by "modifying" the article. If you get the basic idea of the article and rewrite it, IANAL, but that doesn't infringe on any copyright. If you just change a couple of words and headings here and there and repost the article, that is illegal.
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there other ways to find if the article is already existing other than choosing some sentences and searching it via google? A website maybe?

Thanks!
    Get the confidence to succeed!
    http://confidence-building.blogspot.com/

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can read the article, steal the idea and write it with your words! It's possible I think!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can rewrite the content, but do not copy even a single sentence.
    Web Services India
    Make Money Online:Make money fast at home with money making ideas

SitePoint Zealot bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plagarism and copyright are often misunderstood. Yes, you can read an article, think about the topic and write your own article on the topic. However, you CANNOT take someone else's work and pass it off as your own.

That being said, there are plenty of article marketing sites which will allow you take articles directly from there and place them on your site (as long as you give credit to the original writer). You may want to search those and see if there's anything that will work for you. If you're not interested in giving credit to the actual author, you can perhaps try and contact the author and ask if you can take credit for their article as if they were a ghostwriter (when someone writes for you) and you can give them an advertisement on your page.

On that point, if your English isn't good enough, maybe you should consider hiring a ghostwriter. Articles (at least from the writers I know) run around $20 each... If you want names of good writers, let me know.

Also, if you have any more copyright questions, feel free to ask.

Deena
    Any opinions are offered without knowledge of the specific law of your jurisdiction and with only the limited information provided in your post. No advice given here should be reasonably relied upon by you or any third party without consulting an attorney who is aware of all of the facts and law surrounding your situation. Any advice given here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship in any way.
    Deena B. Burgess, Esq.
    www.ebusinesslawgroup.com
    Offering Affordable Legal Services to Online Businesses
    Find me on Twitter and Linked In