SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aggregating News Stories Design That I've seen Lately

I have notice a trend of a few different techniques for displaying featured stories and would like to incorporate it into my latest design/development.

Not knowing how to go about googling it. I am here at good ol' sitepoint. The technique is utilized by http://www.entrepreneur.com or http://www.revision3.org. Where they have 4 images and then 4 images/buttons where you can see the next story.

I was curious to know if anyone has seena tutorial or has any tips for me.

I have a few basic ideas of how I would do this but i need just a little more help on the coding side of things.

Thanks!!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting, I've never seen it done without flash. If you were looking for a way to do it with flash I think you could google flash slideshow, although that might get you powerpoint looking tutorials. I myself am looking for how this is done. Hopefully theres a clean and easy way. I want one integrated into wordpress.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick look under the hood shows some fairly sophisticated JavaScript, but whether it's a freebie, proprietory, or what, I couldn't say. You might ask about this in the JavaScript forum.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thanks i figured out...just wanted a tutorial