SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

StartaFraternity.net - Need input, will share profit

I have a niche ebook I have created, and have a very simplistic, 'google-esque' minimalist feel to it. Only 3 pages, looking to market this ebook to a niche market. Not sure about the price tag, thinking about increasing it 10 times, what do you think? Also thinking about offering more of the book for free, but not sure....

Input?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're offering to share the profit with someone in here who might help you market the book, then you need to post this in Marketplace. If you're talking about selling a 3-page ebook and increasing the price tenfold, it had better be a darn good three pages. Other than that, you've not given enough information for others to make any valid commentary.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Max is right. (Especially about the Marketplace.)

What exactly is it you're needing advice on? How to create the design (reviews aren't allowed anywhere but the Website Reviews board, and only after you've reviewed three other Web sites within the past 30 days), how to write the content, or something else entirely?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Schulz View Post
    Max is right.
    Just keep repeating that phrase, and all will be right with the world.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woops - sorry about how ambiguous the post was. The 3 pages comment was in reference to my website... It's only 3 pages, does that work? I was going for the minimalist feel.

In addition, I have a high organic ranking, adwords and facebook ads setup, and driving about 15 - 20 unique visitors a day. My problem, is that I am in the wrong season. School is out, and my ebook will be much more valuable during school. Most specifically, the months of august, september, and october.

I can't close on sales. Why aren't people buying this ebook? If you can help me answer this question, I would be more than happy to discuss profit sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, just bear in mind that 1.) I'm a moderator here, and 2.) we can't discuss things like profit sharing outside of the Marketplace (and that's not a part of the forum anymore).

It sounds to me like your biggest issue is promoting the site. As for the pages on the site, at the very least, having a home page, about page, a contact page, and a page to purchase or download the ebook are essential (unless you're going to run the download/purchase from the home page). You may also want to consider including a terms of service and a privacy policy as well, which would of course be two additional pages.

As for promoting the site, two things may possibly come to mind - the quality of the Web copy (sales copy specifically written for an online audience) and/or the fact that this is your "slow" season. You may want to consider an "early back to school" promotion to get people more interested in (and willing to buy) your product now while they have the money (and you have their attention) instead of late July early August when the back to school sales fever starts to kick in.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks...

Has anyone been to a website recently that has done a great job of promoting their ebook?

I would love to see a site that has done a good job at pitching their product

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.makepeacetotalpackage.com is such an example - granted, Clayton got some help from Brian Clark of www.copyblogger.com but it is a good example nonetheless (in this case, it's the ebook "The Great Copywriting Conspiracy").