SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you consider Buying Products from our website?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 16.67%
  • No

2 33.33%
  • Maybe

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feedback Appreciated! Any and all comments welcome!

A Few months back I started a website called GlattOnDemand.com. Our website is unique as it represents our core values in assisting families across the country with the ability to obtain kosher products, regardless of location.

We believe in keeping it simple, a central factor which we believe is reflected in our website design.

There shouldn't be any missing functionality on the site itself, so if you run across any, please report them to me.

What do you guys think about the design and layout? In particular I'm curious exactly what you think about color scheme. In addition, I feel that the Press room, and even possibly the layout for the testimonials & Product reviews could be improved upon.

If you have any Questions, comments, criticisms, ideas, suggestions, complaints, etc, please feel free to let me know!
    http://www.GlattOnDemand.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - The design is seriously lacking. You will get this when you use something such as Zen Cart. Have you considered Magento?

- Your header is incredibly cramped. I doubt even you have read through all those logos. Clean it up, remove the logos. Nobody can call that simple.

- The only way I can see to return to the home page is a small link in the footer. It is such an important link!

- I don't see them (AdBlocker Plus), but looking at your source you have Google ads. Hardly the place for this is it?
    Honda Civic Forum - UK Civic Forum
    Web Host Reviews - Independent, honest host reviews
    My Portfolio - Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asking whether we want to buy products from the website is useless. What will that really tell you about the effectiveness of your site?

I'd imagine that quite a few people wouldn't order that kind of product online to begin with (People from this forum at least), so asking it is not going to give you any useful information.

A better question would be, "Do you think our website markets our products effectively?"...

As for the actual layout, It's okay ... The header section is quite crowded but the rest of the layout is a typical ecommerce layout which is good. It is always best to stick to conventions so people know what to do.

Like said above, the general design is lacking and it seems there has been little thought put in to it. It's all ok, but there is nothing special here - it's an average everyday zencart layout.

Also, have you tried alternative colour schemes?

Sorry to be negative. There is nothing particularly bad about your site; it all work's well.
    James Padolsey
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末
    Awesome JavaScript Zoomer (demo here)
    'Ajaxy' - Ajax integration solution (demo here)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP
    Asking whether we want to buy products from the website is useless.
    That's not what he's asking. I think his question is perfectly reasonable. If you were looking for Glatt, would you consider this site?
    Honda Civic Forum - UK Civic Forum
    Web Host Reviews - Independent, honest host reviews
    My Portfolio - Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Thanks for the comments -

Quote Originally Posted by alecrust View Post
    That's not what he's asking. I think his question is perfectly reasonable. If you were looking for Glatt, would you consider this site?
    You Hit it right on the Nose! When we posed this question, thats exactly what we were hoping you would consider.

As for the "cramped" nature on the header, We did this for the following reasons. If your going to Target this specific market, Jews Mostly care about 3 things -
    1- Where you get your products from
    2 - What religious certifications you carry
    3 - Cost

Thats mainly the reason we put all of this into the header. If your familiar with the icons (as most of our clients are) then its important for them to see this at the top of the page.

I am unfamiliar with Magento but will most certainly look into it.

Also we previously had a brown color scheme but we recently changed it to blue as it more accurately matched our logo. Do you see it looking better in a different color?

Thats for all the comments thus far! (even if its negative
    Please keep them coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The page took an eternity to load (I think it was the shopping cart that held things up). The header and navigation loaded quickly but not the main content.

I never heard of glatt so I wouldn't actively seek it out. Perhaps a little hover-over definition of glatt would help your SEO.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would also try to get some better images to use for the backgrounds of your modules...you can see the pixelation on the rounded edges. Also maybe try some higher res thumbnails for the food, but less of them. in food service, if it looks good, it tastes good.

good luck with the site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! There is so much going on at first glance.

The color scheme is fine. One thing that bothered be most are things like the about page. For someone who is unfamiliar with your site and is interested in your services, things like are not clearly defined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said, there is farrrrrrr toooooo much in the header. This is made 10x worse by the websites title being huge and drawing eyes to it, and loosing the eyes in the jungle. You might know not to look their and where the content is, but others dont.

You have 223 (!!!!!!) HTML validation errors - http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...ndemand.com%2F - GET THIS FIXED! There is no way in 50 universes that your site will display similarly on all major browsers. Also 6 CSS errors -http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.glattondemand.com%2F
    These 2 points are really important!

Doing a speed check - http://www.websiteoptimization.com/s...tondemand.com/ - shows that your page is almost 300KB in size (including images). This is a very big download and takes dial-up users aprox 62.45 seconds to download. There is no way EVER that any dial up user will wait half that long. Compress your images more and use gzip encoding for all HTML, CSS and JS files.
    Me on StackOverflow | Blog & personal website.

I mostly use: PHP, Java, JavaScript, Android.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I would buy your products, I feel like having a nice juicy steak already. Simply speaking that's what you want to achieve with your site, and to me it's working. Well done.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well magento is best option if u have dedicated server, otherwise, go for zencart
    Last edited by web67; Apr 15, 2008 at 19:49.
    Keep Up to date about everthing Website Flipping
    Find out how to same thousands on your Mortgage Broker fees.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Th design is alright but you will have to do a better job with the images, if you want to have a good looking site. They are very low quality.