SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please check for me

I add a banner to http://51vod8.com/arnysbattle.htm and I also changed the game size.but when view the page,there's nothing changed.What's wrong?also,I get an error page with firefox for this page http://51vod8.com/a1.htm
    Can anyone help me out?
    One world,One dream

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I won't be going back to that site for two big reasons: one, it arbitrarily resizes my browser display, and two, it throws a loud, intrusive sound file at me on loading. The banner displayed when I clicked in. The "a1.htm" file comes up with a 404 error, as does "a1.html," so my guess is that your file is not named "a1.htm."

I realize I'm not the audience your site is aiming for, but I personally find those kinds of behaviors from a web site very off-putting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I change the a1.htm to a1.html,and it works fine now.Should I name all my files with .html?What's the difference between .htm and .html?
    I don't see resize browsor window and sound file here.
    Black Max,the banner I put is just for test use now,so don't care about it.I'm a newbie,just start my site and can't find a good network so just use it.
    One world,One dream

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, wonder why it didn't come up as a1.html when I put it in?

The old .htm end code is from Microsoft, when it insisted on using only three characters in its end codes. Some sites still do it, but it's an antiquated practice.

I'm running Firefox, and it both resized my browser window and blasted me with a sound file of an explosion and a voice thundering about flash games. Not good design practice, in my book.

If you can't find a host, there are good free Web hosts out there. Freewebs is a good one. Awardspace is another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,it works fine here with firefox.Which version do you use?
    One world,One dream

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steven012 View Post
    Hi,it works fine here with firefox.Which version do you use?
    2.0.0.14 -- haven't updated yet. But that shouldn't matter on either resizing the window or the sound file. Resizing is a JavaScript function, and has to have been included by a conscious decision.

Maybe you should read this, and the accompanying comments:
    http://www.robertnyman.com/2007/03/3...rowser-window/

Again, I'm not going at you personally. I'm just saying that forcible resizing and unwanted sound files are two fundamental no-nos in designing a site. It's ultimately a matter of audience preference, as as I noted before, I'm not your site's target audience by any stretch. So take my comments for what they are worth.