User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CMS and affiliate datafeeds

I'd like to build an affiliate niche store using datafeeds, what is the best CMS fits for using affiliate datafeeds?
    I have no programming knowledge.
    I'd like it to display pages and sub-pages of datafeed products plus having blog and forum attached. On the home page I'd like to have search wizard by category, brand name, etc...
    What CMS do you suggest for this purpose?
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drupal already comes with a blog and a forum module, you'll need a few additional modules to get an improved feed system but there's a few available (e.g. Feed API) that might help you. Theoretically, the taxonomy system of Drupal might be already enough for you to get this together (it's like a category system and tagging in one). But you might fare better with the Content Construction Kit and Views module.

Though, mind you this won't be an easy task, you don't get this done in a few hours without getting some professional help. But I doubt you'd find a CMS that would make this an easy task anyway.

And welcome to Sitepoint!
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that helps!
    I guess I should start learning Drupal
    I have another question:
    Let's say I build "product" pages using datafeeds, so I have a home page and product pages, sub-pages, etc... Then I'd like to add blog and forum to it, how can I make all these pages dynamic so that all content, links, etc... are updated dynamically with the same navigation menu, categories, etc... on each page including blog and forum?
    Can I code it with PHP using Dreamweaver? Or there are any other methods and tools?
    Can I do it myself having no programming knowledge using Fireworks and Dreamweaver?
    Thanks,
    Vadim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean if you are not using a CMS? Because in the case of Drupal, that takes care of this. You'd probably want to learn a little bit of php just in case.

Fireworks only produces images, so not sure what you're up to there. And please don't use Dreamweaver's "layout"-view, stick and learn the code-view.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant