User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot OrangeCreative's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CMS with gift card/gift certificate/downloadable goods option

Hi,

I was looking for a Joomla! add-on that would allow for selling gift cards over the site I'm building right now. I had no luck so far... That's why I decided to change horses if needed.

Can anybody please recommend any CMS - plug-in combo that will do this? If possible PHP-MySQL based.

Many thanks in advance for your time and help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to try Drupal, there are two online shop modules available for it - ecommerce and ubercart, it might take some more investigation whether what you want is possible with either of them or whether you might need another module or two.

Be warned, Drupal isn't as simple as Joomla, though imho it is more powerful and flexible. And getting a good site up and running might take a bit more time than with Joomla.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

SitePoint Zealot OrangeCreative's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks c2uk! There are also several shopping carts for Joomla! as well but unfortunately none of these does what I'm looking for...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem, I always found Joomla too limiting, I then looked for another CMS and came across Drupal. With a bit of hard work you get almost everything you need up and running with it, not to mention the many modules already available for it. Forgot to mention one thing, while Drupal 6 is the most recent version, you'd find that many modules are so far only available for Drupal 5 - some modules are only Drupal 6 ones but I think you can live without them for the moment.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant