SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jquery vs ext js

how does jQuery compare to Ext JS? Im a huge fan of jQuery but those widgets on the Ext JS site look pretty cool ... are they different products?
    I need someone to protect me from
    all the measures they take in order to protect me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EXT JS does seem to have some very cool widgets available!

I think which one you choose should depend on what you intend on using it for... If you build internet apps and want them to emulate desktop apps then EXT seems like the best solution, although jQuery has some very handy plugins for handling such things. If, on the other hand, you want to make quick on-the-fly adjustments and enhancements to your website then jQuery seems the best ATM.

I think, in the end, it's really down to personal preference. I love the way jQuery selects and handles elements, and if the jQuery core doesn't have a particular thing then I can just go and download the appropriate plugin (there are tonnes available).

The strengths of jQuery are probably within the planning stage of being added to EXT anytime soon, and vice-versa...

Go with whatever ur comfortable with.
    James Padolsey
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末
    Awesome JavaScript Zoomer (demo here)
    'Ajaxy' - Ajax integration solution (demo here)

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might also want to check out mootools as it has lots of these snazzy effects and things as well. Also, try searching for "jquery plugins" and "jquery widgets" and perhaps also "jquery effects". Since jquery is so popular, perhaps the widget you want has already been made by someone for jquery.