User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help with a site Im doing. Please Help

Im not a web programmer by trait more of a designer but I had a website kinda fall into my lap at work and need to fix it up a little bit.

It has decent bones but the way it was coded I have to edit each indiviual page when i want to change something.

Couldn't I just do this through a css page somehow?

The website is cummer masonry.com no space obviously. I would like ot add a logo on the header bar as well. There is also very slow load times with the javascript pages any suggestions?

I understand a lot coding but I can't seem to narrow everything down. Im doing a lot of copying and pasting to get pics added but there has to be a way for me make changes on a central page vs now I am doing it for index, contact, about, equipment etc.

Please any help would be very much appreciated.

Bryan

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're going to have to work with us a little bit, Bryan. First, give us a real link, even if it's just a copy of the URL:

http://cummermasonry.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bryanglanz View Post
    It has decent bones but the way it was coded I have to edit each indiviual page when i want to change something. Couldn't I just do this through a css page somehow?
    Absolutely. In fact, taking a very cursory look at the site's code, I would start from scratch and code this page right, basing it on a CSS layout instead of whatever the heck is going on here. (Obviously I don't think it has decent bones....) I am not the expert that others in here are, so I may not see what these guys will find, but I don't understand why a simple site like this (the home page is the only one I looked at) needs so many fancy Javascripts going. What are they all accomplishing? Not much that I can see.

There are other issues with the page's design and layout (most obviously that cut-off header), and some errors and warnings in the code, but I'd start by figuring out why the site has so much JS and if the site will work if you strip it out. I think it will, and work better. Ultimately, it's a straightforward 3-column layout, no big deal to put together.

I would add that the content (the copy) on the home page is not only a bit trite, it has a little of that translated-from-Japanese flavor. "When a passenger of the foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet at him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage, then tootle him with vigor." http://www.ojohaven.com/fun/translation.funnies.html