SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Statistics.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to know some low level statistics.

Mainly what I need to know is the system resources required by ActiveX, Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine and Sun's Java Virtual Machine. I need to know disk space, memory footprint, "compile" time, load time and all the nifty and gory little details. If anyone knows of any place where I can get these it would be very much appreciated.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could contact the companies behind each product but chances are the reps you'll talk to won't know...nor will they have it available to them.

You'd most likely be best off doing the tests yourself as long as you have the correct equipment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I BELIEVE MS's is faster, though I could be wrong. I know on Macs, MS's is faster than Apple's. Load time: too long.

Owen

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Download time is inconsequential. The download speed will be limited to 9600 baud. Downloads will only have to be performed rarely like once a week until the software is stabilized and once every new version. Each feature (display, input, messaging, security, etc...) will be its own applet or control. When we update security all the end user will download is a new security module. This will be automatic, kind of like AOL updates its software.

I had hoped that some website had done this kind of testing because we don't have the time or resources to do the testing as well as design and build a multi- tier application (mobile client <-> communications server <-> Oracle/Mastermind server <-> dispatch client).

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com