SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation layout for a new site....

I need some ideas for a layout for my new site and I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find some inspiration. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a lot of people seem to use CoolHomePages for that. I've never used it myself, though.

Usually for inspiration, nothing beats playing around in your favorite text editor in one window, having PS open in another and SitePoint open in still another. It's a great setup for me. If I'm still lost after that, I go check out major competitors and see what they did right and wrong. :-)

~~Ian

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re

www.cwk.dk -Cool Web Design also has [bold]alot [/bold] of inspriration. There a thousands of sites to browse and take inspiration from.

I personaly also use CoolHomepages.com and have found it very useful. Definitly give it a try.
    -----------------------------------
    Jake Nieuwland www.hbtv.co.nz/jake

Central, PA - originally from Monterey, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like coolhomepages too.

The following may seem strange, but if your'e in a creative block (like writer's block) look at beautiful things other than web pages. I would reccomend doing all of what I am about to suggest outside, looking at the real thing, but if that's not possible, you can look at pictures on the web or in books.

Get out and look at cool architecture, nature scenes, neon signs, children's toys and games, tv ads, cool photos, and other fun stuff.

Then come back and try the web design again.

Have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also check linkdup.com

it's a good idea to save sites that you like the design of for such times. Start by attempting to copy a design element a little and you will find that it starts to take shape. The end result for me has never had any of the elements of the site i was inspired by, but it gives the starting point which can be hard to find.
    Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future