User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: keyword density

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone says 6-8% .But It's depend your website.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone seems to have 'heard' something different. I use 3-5% and have never had any problems with it. 6-8% is way too much - I think that's bordering on keyword stuffing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would focus on 1 keyword for every 100 words.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically I'd use a maximum of 5% for 1, 2 or 3 word phrases. Although some say you can go as high as about 7% but I tend not to risk it.

I've read a lot saying that keyword denstiy is no longer important in SEO but I think it's still worth doing if you're uploading new content just to be on the safe side. It doesn't take long after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lean towards writing your content for your reader. Then, read over it and insert a few keywords where it is appropriate. If you don't reach 5% - fine, if you do - fine. As long as you have keywords and good content, people will find it and link to it for later.
    Rexibit Web Services
    Don't just build it - CSS it

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xbok View Post
    Tudi you are spot on with that 3-5% density (that's 20-25 keywords in a 500 word article)

I think the most important thing is this win the heart of the reader and be balance with the search engines.

Do not do things to quick.
    I agree with your suggestion. 3 -5% density is good.
    Web Services India
    Make Money Online:Make money fast at home with money making ideas

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a hard one to define, is it true or is it false?

In my own experience pages that rank well on google for very competitive keywords tend to have a keyword density of between 4 and 5, with those ranking lower also tending to having a lower keyword density than those above.

I personally beleive that there is also a keyword pattern and keyword hierarchy that is also in play and this combined with the overall score Google has given you determines how well you rank

SitePoint Zealot LucianoFigallo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WebCEO recommends no more than 10%...between 2% and 10% I guess...my personal opinion is some percentage around 5% of the body text

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hi all. The optimal keyword density is 2-5% of the total number of words in the page. Let it be an article or a web page it is the ideal density of keywords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, a well written page will naturally have the appropriate keyword density. How many times do we see "the", "it" , "him" or "they" used far too often? Just substituting [keyword] in place of some occurrences of these shortcuts may well bring the the keywords into balance .. or as Tudi suggested .. into harmony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by websitemania View Post
    Everyone seems to have 'heard' something different. I use 3-5% and have never had any problems with it. 6-8% is way too much - I think that's bordering on keyword stuffing.
    Well there are sites all over the web that will tell you these trivial aspects about writing content, but what is their authority? Very few of those wannabe sites really address, explain, or coach good writing. And good, well written content and copy makes people stay, return, buy and recommend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should concentrate on the quality of the content and forget about the keyword density. Nowadays, I think keyword density is not very important. Using keywords many times in a page will not it rank higher these days.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by womanizer View Post
    Could you advise what optimal density of keywords on a web page is if check it by 1,2 or 3 words?
    I give you a suggestion:
    After reading all recommendatios, ask the people to show you if they have any web page with good traffic.

In my opinion (and i do have webpages with high traffic), density IS important. Not the ONLY important, but it is important without any doubt.

Not something you measure in percent maybe, but make sure that your text mention several times not only the main keywords, but alternative keywords. Use google tool https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal to find the most searched alternative keywords to your main keyword.

Its important that your keywords apears in titles, subtitles, strong, italic, etc. That means that your text should show that those keywords are VERY important to your page, not just incidental.

Thats why Google looks anchors, image alts, titles, h1, h2, h3, etc.

Because they want to detect the most important keywords for each webpage, and density is one of the ways they find it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Dan. Sorry to be blunt, keyword density is just a gimmick by SEO company. From my experience, title and meta description are two main things in SEO. Just mention your main keyword in those places is more than enough. Another important factor is link back.