SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question where do you put the html To validate the reciprocal link

Hi all.

I have some parked domains (with sedo) and last night i was looking for some free link directorys that accept parked pages so i could have some incoming links to them.

I did find some but they all say the same thing :

"To validate the reciprocal link please include the following HTML code in the page at the URL specified above, before submitting this form"

I dont understand where this link should go..Is it into the source code (html)of the parked page??? If so, how will it work as with parked pages you cant save any changes to the html code..

Im really lost with this. Also when i was looking on the free link directories i seen another sedo members parked pages, so it can be done. but how is he doing it.

Does anyone know?

Cant contact him either as sedo doesnt show any contact details.unless his domain is in auction (which it isnt)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Create a link farm
    Smoke Lounge | Hookah Store and Community
    Shisha Tobacco
    SitePoint Users get 5% off use promo code s1t35p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Ay?

That was a good answer to my question!

Really cleared it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you submit to directories that require a link, they often allow you to specify the exact URL their link will be placed. Simply create a random page that doesn't have to be linked to by anything and place all the reciprocal links you want there, hence the term link farm.
    Shisha Tobacco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Thankyou.

Oh i see what you mean. Many Thanks for that.

Do you know if it is ok (with sedos policys) for me to put my domains into directories.

As there are many other people doing so..

Is'nt that where all their incoming links are coming from ?

If its not places like that then where?? As some people have hundreds - thousands of legal incoming links to their parked domains. Where are they all coming from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That I don't know. I would assume they don't discriminate against traffic, but it is never a bad idea to read over the TOS.
    Shisha Tobacco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post TOS sedo.

Hi, I have read it loads of times and These are the terms i dont understand:

"Domain owner may not re-direct traffic to their parked domain name. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, traffic redirected from other domain names, traffic originating from advertising and purchased traffic such as pop-under or exit traffic. Each domain name must be parked separately. "

"Domain owner may not generate traffic to their domain name(s) or clicks on advertising links by any of the following methods: listings on newsgroups or discussion boards (with the exception of "domain for sale" postings), bulk emailing, ICQ postings, or chat room/IRC postings, iframes, zero pixel frames, hitbots, clickbots, spiders, CGI scripts, java-scripts, or any other similar method."

Does this mean that directories are not allowed?

Advertising links as written in the above policy-doesnt that rule out pretty much everything in terms of advertising-including any directorie?