SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Schedule task and archive data help

I am new to web design and have been asked to design the web site for a new women's ministry. We will have daily devotions and I would like to set up an archive of the devotions. What I'd like to do is:
    a) set up a schedule to enter several days of devotions with a specified date/time for them to appear on the site as that days devotion
    b) after that day has passed, move this to the archive and post the current days devotion
    I've searched the web/forums and haven't been able to find the mark up nor an explanation of what I need to do to set this up.
    The site is currently in XHTML and CSS.
    Thank you for any help you can give in getting this set up.

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a job that would require a server-side language like PHP or ASP. More importantly, it sounds like the sort of job that you need to hire someone to code for you rather than ask people to do for you for free on a forum. Also, it is unlikely that there is a ready-made script that will do exactly what you want, which is a further that you should pay an experienced coder to do this for you tomorrow.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raffles, I'm so sorry that you misinterpreted my post. I was seeking guidance to find what would need to be done in order for this to happen - I wasn't asking someone to do it for free - I just didn't know if it could be done in XHTML, Javascript, or if it would require more advanced programming. But, my search wasn't futile, I finally found a free download that will help me accomplish what I'm wanting to do.

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it. If you need more guidance then perhaps you should ask your question in the PHP or ASP forum (or whatever language you decide upon - this is likely to be what your server is running at the moment). Good luck.