SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday in Southern California I paid $4.69. About a mile away across the Arizona state line they are selling it for $3.95.

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $8.72 here. What are you complaining about?
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah over $10 here!
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paid $4.49 a gallon for Preminum today. Paid under $2 before George Bush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My town has just been ranked the cheapest place to get gas in the region
    Nick . all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
    Show someone you care, send them a virtual flower.
    Good deals on men's watches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Possibility View Post
    My town has just been ranked the cheapest place to get gas in the region
    Now the word is out, soon expect motorists rushing to your region and the prices going up as a result...
    ------------------

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was driving through the US to Toronto a few weeks ago, the prices fluctuated wildly... around $3.70 - $3.80 in Wisconsin to $4.10 - $4.20 in Michigan and Indiana. Now it's $3.99 - $4.10 everywhere. The typical summer speculation. But the US has always had it easy on gas prices. And though driving is now more expensive, it's still affordable for many.
    Ed Womack
    Get Milked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rageh View Post
    Now the word is out, soon expect motorists rushing to your region and the prices going up as a result...
    I'm not too worried about that because to make the drive to my town from most places eats up all the earnings you would save on cheaper gas :-p
    Nick . all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
    Show someone you care, send them a virtual flower.
    Good deals on men's watches

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Possibility View Post
    I'm not too worried about that because to make the drive to my town from most places eats up all the earnings you would save on cheaper gas :-p
    lol, you would be suprised how many people don't think about that!

Hikari silver trophy artistsneverdie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's £1.21 for Tesco 99 RON down in Essex. It's increased about 40% in a year.

Part of the reason i've just sold my Tuned MR2 Turbo recently was beacuse of the nutty petrol costs. So I just bought a Honda DC5 Integra instead which should cut my fuel bill. (slightly )

Although driving a hire car for the past week only used up 1/4 a tank of petrol whereas the MR2 would have done a whole tank!

Don't know what you Americans are moaning about to be honest, if yours was at the same level as it is in the UK, there would be riots.
    www.hikaridesign.com | Contemporary Design
    Won some awards here once upon a time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The perfect catch-22. But seriously the car manufacturing industry will in the end realize that the hunger for having a car, let alone the big gas guzzlers, will decrease correspondingly as gas prices keep going up. Surely, those that pioneer and come up with hydrogen car will make a lot a of money. However they have to convince filling stations to add hydrogen pumping facilities in their garages. It is all about money. If they car manufacturing companies are willing to financially help filling stations towards the cost of installing these facilities, it can happen. It is not far-fetched. But that can be many years away.
    Exactly...thats the real fact but,Is videoconferencing the answer to rising fuel costs?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmas View Post
    I suggested videoconferencing to my previous employer, but he said that you need to see the whites of their eyes, and you dont need the conveniance of an error to interupt an alkward question. A lot of money is spent on conferences as it is, maybe when fuel prices get really high more organisation will have to use videoconferencing.

ro0bear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
    Trying to modify my car so that it works with water .
    This looks interesting, runs on all kinds of water.
    Travel Photos on Flickr - Twitter

“Never give up. Never surrender”

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijmen View Post
    This looks interesting, runs on all kinds of water.
    wow that is intresting.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diesel has become more expensive than petrol here in Ireland latest price today for me was Petrol: 133.2 and Diesel 142.9 grrr!! thats Euro too btw €

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.5/litter in vancouver(#87)...its 0.60/litter in 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cosmas View Post
    Video conferencing? Tell it to the CEOs of the big firms, and they think you are out of your mind. Their hired Jets ever run out of gas. So for them it is almost insulting to resort to video conferencing. They get so used to life on the fast line that they laugh at you if you make that suggestion. It is after all company monies they are spending. It is like MPs claiming as expenses such things as lunch and house furnishing. Nice one if you can get it...

But for the rest of us, we have to economize. Video conferencing is all the more enticing for the little guys, who have make ends meet in the light of ever increasing cost of living.
    ------------------

SitePoint Enthusiast splenditello's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i saw on the news recently middle eastern officials are having conferences about bringing oil prices back down so people will start buying more. i think bring the price down is a bad thing. with the prices high i think it encourages people to seek alternative methods for fueling a car.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by splenditello View Post
    i saw on the news recently middle eastern officials are having conferences about bringing oil prices back down so people will start buying more. i think bring the price down is a bad thing. with the prices high i think it encourages people to seek alternative methods for fueling a car.
    I agree, its better to start sorting out what we are going to do now, when we still have oil cheap enough to alow a smoothish transition. Pro-longing it is going to bring us closer and closer to.... well a pretty scary and horrific time.

Its funny, when you tell someone really bad news, they tend to just deny it even though they have no knowlege of the subject.

The most agrevating and annoying thing is if everyone took this whole thing deadly serious now, and put substantial energy into preparing for a different economic climate, then everything could go quite (comparitavely) nicely. Unfortunately I know that not enough will be done in time, its very sad. I hope I am prooved wrong!

ro0bear

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell that to the average consumer who's paying more for food (and everything else) because of the rising gas prices. Not only that but heating bills this winter are going to be brutal if things keep going up at this rate. If prices don't start coming down soon, it may come to the point where some people start saying "do we starve to death or freeze to death?"

*puts on Advisor hat*

(And please, for the record, do not let this drift into the poltical arena. As much as I love political discussions, such things are against the rules here. )

Theoretical Physics Student bronze trophy Jake Arkinstall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst that is true, many businesses are suffering because of fuel prices.

Prices of every day living have shot up because of fuel going up. Anything you buy from a shop or get delivered is more expensive because of fuel costs.

I'd rather have prices kept down but keep companies in knowledge that the prices will skyrocket, so they have time to prepare. Right now, we are in no way prepared to cope with prices being this high.

Many people are loosing their jobs because the small-medium sized companies they work for simply can't afford to keep them.
    Jake Arkinstall
    "Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel;
    Sometimes its enough to make that wheel more rounded"-Molona

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by splenditello View Post
    i think bring the price down is a bad thing. with the prices high i think it encourages people to seek alternative methods for fueling a car.
    In the meantime, the low-income people will nearly starve. Is that such a good idea? I think not.

While alternative methods of fuel are to be encouraged, it is cruel to tell people that they just have to accept an ever-increasing cost of living. There has to be a way out of this crisis. Converting corn fields into fuel-producing farms that produce ethanol has backfired enormously because it is adding the World-wide food crisis many countries are experiencing. As I said, there has to be a way out other than letting the oil prices skyrocket.
    ------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My local petrol station is now £1.20 for petrol & £1.30 for diesel per liter. That's $9.56 a gallon folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthm View Post
    Yesterday in Southern California I paid $4.69. About a mile away across the Arizona state line they are selling it for $3.95.
    Wooow. what a difference a mile makes...
    ------------------

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the meantime, the low-income people will nearly starve. Is that such a good idea? I think not.

While alternative methods of fuel are to be encouraged, it is cruel to tell people that they just have to accept an ever-increasing cost of living. There has to be a way out of this crisis. Converting corn fields into fuel-producing farms that produce ethanol has backfired enormously because it is adding the World-wide food crisis many countries are experiencing. As I said, there has to be a way out other than letting the oil prices skyrocket.
    I am sorry, but the sooner people start adapting the better. We are in for a ruff ride, if we take it now, it will be less ruff than if we take it later.
    The planet is over crowded, without cheap oil, I'm afaid you can expect many to starve, and there is little that can be done about it. Its just a horrible reality. Its the increasing demand for oil combined with the limited supply that is making the price so high, the only way to lower the price is to pump more oil out faster, which brings us even faster to the point where easy oil will run out, which really isnt long away! and if we are not ready for that by then the future is extremely grim. There are many more issues other than starvation we face, but Im not goint into them here.

If we start learning to cope now, we will be far far better off. I have written a thread/article going into detail on a few things that can be done to help people through this tuff time. (as this thread is starting to go off the topic of how much gas/petrol price has increased)

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...50#post3864450

I hope it can be of some help, and may invoke some intresting discussion.

ro0bear