SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Frames and iFrames across domains

I have been asked to build an eCommerce application for someone and their host package does not handle it. I was thinking to use osCommerce on another host and use frames or iFrames at the client site. (This is small business and cannot talk him into moving the host right now). This use of frames can also be a security risk can also be a security risk, so I am wondering how this would affect the ability of people to use the site. Also considering to create a basic "splash" page or home page, and have links with target="_blank". Aside from avoiding totally, any ideas or feedback on how to work around this situation? Anyone been able to pull off framesets with content from different domains? Thanks.

Addicted to the Source of Life PowerBit's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your approach suggests that you are dead set on using frames. These are older technologies that are hardly supported by most designers these days. I do like some of the features but have widely avoided them because there is just no support for them. The main reasons are that CSS/HTML creates a new path of usability and content handling that frames don't offer. Plus you already said in your post that your idea proposes a security risk; why would any body help that decision? You may ask for the correct way to approach building this for the business and learn. I am sure many would rally along side you then.