SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow JavaScript&jQuery

Hi there,

Few days ago I tried to find a way to put a music on a site without it stop on reloading pages.

Most of the people witch I've asked about that issue said that I could use JavaScript and/or jQuery and/or AJAX.

Actually I won't be able to create such code my self so I'm asking for support.
    I know that this is the only place where I can get real help( cuz once you have done it successfuly).

So what do I mean. I need a script witch cause the music to continue playing the started music from the index page.

Hope you can understand what I mean.

Thank you in advance !

-The goat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only applicable solution I've heard of is to use iframes...

Before you go ahead with this maybe consider if you really need music on the site. There have been a tonne of discussions in regard to on-site music; most people find it annoying and invasive.

ps. jQuery is not a seperate thing to JavaScript, it is simply a Javascript library.
    James Padolsey
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末
    Awesome JavaScript Zoomer (demo here)
    'Ajaxy' - Ajax integration solution (demo here)

SitePoint Enthusiast tarunkrsna's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A popunder window (yes ... EVIL and often disabled) containing your player might retain state as you navigate page to page. I think I've seen these annoying b#ggers somewhere, the kind of thing that makes you check out if any extra windows are opened when you hear the persistent audio.

JavaScript is ideal for this kind if devil worship, BUT give the user the option of turning OFF the music. Except for music sites, music sux on the net, better believe it.

cha
    t3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarunkrsna View Post
    A popunder window (yes ... EVIL and often disabled) containing your player might retain state as you navigate page to page. I think I've seen these annoying b#ggers somewhere, the kind of thing that makes you check out if any extra windows are opened when you hear the persistent audio.

JavaScript is ideal for this kind if devil worship, BUT give the user the option of turning OFF the music. Except for music sites, music sux on the net, better believe it.

cha
    t3
    Hmm, and how can i do that popunder window ??Any link to read about this ?