SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Implement SSO using SAML, CF7, Windows, IIS for a site.It has own login procedure

Hi,

I want to implement SAML(Security Assertion Markup Language) using CF 7 for implementing Single Sign On (SSO) solution in our website which has its own login authentication procedure.

Any suggestions as to which API or lib will suit us. We dont want to get into crazy stuff. We need something that is stable and doesnt need changes in CF environment or IIS or any architecture changes. Basically, we need a windows implementation.

As mentioned earlier, We want to implement SSO for our site which has its own login authentication procedure. We use CF 7 on Windows Server 2003 with IIS and SQL Server 2000 as the database.

I came across OpenSAML which looks like unix/linux implementation.

Will OpenSAML work for me?

Any suggestions for Windows implementation of SSO using SAML?
    Last edited by ajashadi; May 19, 2008 at 10:20. Reason: Edited summary

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ajashadi

I cannot comment on SAML or otherwise but why not use the built in ColdFusion security framework?

You could just use cflogin, and as long as you set the applicationtoken paremeter with the same value across all your sites you can use the same authentication framework:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion...e=part_cfm.htm

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Single Sign on and SAML are totally different implementations when compared to cflogin.

FYI, SSO helps user to use same credentials to use any application across intranet or an application provided to you by a service provider. Example, you can login using your windows account and be able to use all other applications across the intranet or even intranet using same login, hence the name single sign on.

Let me know if anyone has done SSO with SAML, CF 7 in windows environment.

Thanks in advance.