0 Thread(s)

Who's the Best?

I have a number of investors who want to hire the expertise to help them:

1. Recognize and secure web-based opportunities
    2. Monetize high traffic, low revenue sites
    3. SEO all of their sites
    4. Convert visitors to performers
    5. Know what to hold and what to dump in their portfolio

I'm assuming there is no one group or person that is the best in all these areas. Who -- company/person do you think is the best in the above areas and why?

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm the best of course

I assume you've posted in this section because you and your investors are looking at buying and/or selling websites? I don't think there are a whole lot of people who have much experience in this who are doing consulting for others. Most of the people who operate in the marketplace here and at other marketplaces for websites are building their own portfolio. I do both. I've done about an equal amount of building my own portfolio, doing my own website flips, and helping others build their own portfolios. Regarding monetization, SEO, conversion and all that, there are numerous experts out there but I wouldn't recommend someone without knowing more specific what type of site, where you're based, what your exact needs are, etc. With conversion for example, I know a firm that is great with working to help ecommerce websites increase conversion, but I wouldn't recommend them to someone who's focus is lead gen. Same thing in the other fields you mention.
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ckshaver, what kind of money are your principals talking about? And what is the size of their typical portfolio?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't recommend a company for anything else other than SEO. For the other stuff, it sounds like you need a consultant who can piece it all together and develop a comprehensive and integrated strategy for your investments. I think several people working each on its own thing are just going to screw it up.

I know a few people, or I could even help you myself, but these need to be worth at least 6 figures or getting a million visits a month, just to catch interest.

Also, services like this are not cheap... everyone who can do this is more than likely running a business of their own, so the first question you'd have to answer is why would I do this for you instead of doing it for myself. You can usually get them to agree to performance based payments, as in, you pay $5k to do some optimizations, and then, when a site reaches a certain level of income, another $5k, but this works for just small one-time jobs. If you need such a consultant for long term, that's gonna be "holy crap" expensive.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Investors will pay what it takes, but need to know where to go.

Best Internet Business Development Consultant
    Best SEO firm
    Best, Internet marketing firm
    Guru with the third eye. Who's been watching. leading and commenting on the curve way before it hit?

There's always room for collaboration and money making to be a synergistic endeavor. We bring capital, team of experts makes decisions on a play AND everyone benefits from the greater achievements made by the group than can be made as individuals.

We want the best who have proven track records with their own endeavors who will spend a bit of their specific expertise on a project where their compensation is tied directly to the outcome. Exit strategy is in place before project is even launched.

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're specifically looking to hire people, you should either do it by private messaging the individuals you're interested in talking to, or by posting in the job boards. The section that you've posted in is for discussing how to buy and sell websites.
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.