SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Formatting email sent from a HTML form.

I've created a form on our Intranet which contains some text boxes, drop downs, a checkbox and a couple of text areas. I've managed to get some basic validation working OK so the form won't be sent unless it's completed, however the resultant email doesn't look very good as it uses the field names for labels and the checkbox labels both appear even though only one of them is selected.

Does anyone know, and can point me in the right direction, if it is possible to create a custom email using the values from the form? I want to change the labels and only display the relevant ones so that the email is tidier and clearer for the recipient to understand?

Apologies if I've posted this query in the wrong place.

Theoretical Physics Student bronze trophy Jake Arkinstall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could do something much better with a form sent to PHP, giving you full control of what is sent in the email.
    Jake Arkinstall
    "Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel;
    Sometimes its enough to make that wheel more rounded"-Molona

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be fine but we are on a Microsoft network and therefore don't have PHP installed, I really don't want to get into doing a load of asp if I can help it as the format of the email is a nice to have and doesn't really warrant a lot of extra work, I just wanted to tidy things up for the customer for my own sense of completeness, if that makes sense.