SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks msl.

One reason your conversion rate is lower than you had hoped for could be your pricing.
    Our prices are relatively competetive. On some products we cannot compete with the bigger sites as they have better buying price terms because they have larger sales, but a lot of our products we are one of only a few selling them online.

One thing that you can consider implementing is a live chat window.
    We have this already - the button is in the right siebar.

We've had a few sales this week, and the vistors are increasing by the day, so hopefully we've turned a corner. I'm currently having a play with different color schemes, so would like to get the ladies impressions on that when its done. Keep you posted.
    Picture - Image hosting & media sharing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some research on what colours work best for women and found this on about.com -

Use the color lavender to suggest something unique or extremely special but without the deeper mystery of purple. Lavender may be a good choice when you are targeting women and want to invoke feelings of nostalgia or romance.
    I also looked around and found this color was very popular on womens clothes shopping sites. So I've changed the greens for lavender. Made a slight change with the logo. Please let me know what you think.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the home page is still that blueish-green color (?)

if you're going to go with the lavender color (which i think looks a lot nicer) you should do it for everything - including the home page and logo (the '4u' in the logo)

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Not sure if it's browser problem or intentional. The headers like "Best Sellers" "Latest Products" is in plain text. I recommend you put them in bold or distinguish it from menu items.

2. The horizontal menu seems like a better place to put "Sales" "Suites" "Showers" for more visibility. I would rather put "Terms&Conditions" stuff on the side of the site or on the footer. They are important but I rather focus on sale items.

3. Having 2 types of menu systems are fine. But, I recommend they look a bit more "integrated" to indicate they are menu. Like having same background colors and such.

G'luck on your business!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the home page is still that blueish-green color
    Sorry forgot to say ignore the homepage. I'll be getting round to that in the next day or so. Just wanted to get impressions of the new colour scheme. As for the logo I really don't want to overload on the lilac, but will maybe change the 4u to another colour.

1. Not sure if it's browser problem or intentional. The headers like "Best Sellers" "Latest Products" is in plain text. I recommend you put them in bold or distinguish it from menu items.
    Thanks, yes done that now.

The horizontal menu seems like a better place to put "Sales" "Suites" "Showers" for more visibility. I would rather put "Terms&Conditions" stuff on the side of the site or on the footer. They are important but I rather focus on sale items.
    I had wanted to do this, but then wasn't sure what to fill the space in the left column with. And the other problem is fitting all the categories in - 15 in all.

Having 2 types of menu systems are fine. But, I recommend they look a bit more "integrated" to indicate they are menu. Like having same background colors and such.
    Taking everything you've said into consideration I will work on whittling the categories down and having a drop-down menu with sub-sections and integrating this into the top nav bar.

Thanks for your advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. I agree with others though i am a noob too. I think it just takes time to get the word out. What exactly is the problem? If it is conversions I am with you on that one. Keep it up (thumbs up).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Hi Htpc

wow this colour thing is really interesting - must be frustrating for you.
    I like the new colour better. I find I have now developed a bit of OCD about your your bathroom website - so I have had a look at some others.
    Top three links below (I know some of them are kitchen sites!) are assocated with luxury and they are very colour rich.

http://www.moben.co.uk/
    http://www.dolphinbathrooms.com/
    http://www.magnet.co.uk/

Then some more which seemed similar to your market.

http://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/ ( they have filled in the background which frames it quite nice -( and a picture of the shop, way hey!) but maybe a little dark

http://www.bathroomheaven.com/ ( bit busy at the top but their best seller list is a good idea - that would look good on your bathrooms design ideas section. On the side colomn - they have used some background blocks of colour to set out information as well.

http://www.clickbathrooms.co.uk/ - not so keen on the this one - but the nav bars on the left are quite nice. -

I'm not saying all these site are brilliant but they have some nice features, which just bring the the sites to life a bit.

Also if you look at the sitepoints home page - its blue with small splashes of orange and some of the information on the side colomns ( right ) has a background colour.

Finally - After all this I won't be offended if you disregurad all my comments. Interms of design and colour matching ablity I can safely say I 'm talkin from an extensive background of ignorance on the matter !! so I'm only speaking from what has caught my eye.

best
    kat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not my favorite design but not my least favorite either.

The site seems to be lacking colors and the navigation text is awkwardly sized.
    Smoke Lounge | Hookah Store and Community
    Shisha Tobacco
    SitePoint Users get 5% off use promo code s1t35p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the navigation text is awkwardly sized.
    Which navigation text and how so? Too small? Too large?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kat, sorry for bringing out the OCD in you lol. I have looked at all the sites you have mentioned before, and realise their good/bad points. I am still working on a redeign, so will kep you posted.

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htpc View Post
    Which navigation text and how so? Too small? Too large?
    Its too large but I think that is just my font setting. I know most web people change the default text setting but it has carried over on your site and made a large gap. Its strange, I took my font size down and it fixed the problem so it was on my end.
    Smoke Lounge | Hookah Store and Community
    Shisha Tobacco
    SitePoint Users get 5% off use promo code s1t35p