SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast raopraveen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad credit history HELP!!!

Hi, friends I'm suffering from bad credit history which creating problem for me to get a personal loan. I also asked the banks about this issue but they didn't gave any satisfactory response. Please help me...

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get better credit.

That's the answer in a nutshell.

Pay off your outstanding debts now.
    Take out a small loan, pay it back promptly.
    Get a credit card, use it responsibly.
    Wait a few years for your bad credit items to drop off your credit report.

Bad credit takes time to get and it takes time to get rid of.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    creditboards.com
    visit the forums

Best thing that ever happened to me.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raopraveen View Post
    Hi, friends I'm suffering from bad credit history which creating problem for me to get a personal loan. I also asked the banks about this issue but they didn't gave any satisfactory response. Please help me...
    Your signature has a link to a free credit report... Sounds like a good time to get a copy of your reports from all 3 bureau and challenge any inaccurate items. Depending on your situation, you may also want to take out/ consolidate/ payoff/ change credit lines to boost your score.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Enthusiast raopraveen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx for all your suggestions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got some bad credit history, and to be honest I'm glad.

It's stopping me from putting myself into more debt and I'm sure my credit rating will improve by the time I'm ready to buy a home.. till then I'm glad I can't get a personal loan because I spend a lot of money

Doesn't answer your question - but can give you a new perspective :P

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting - according to the blog in your link, you're a "senior executive in credit card issuing company"? - and no one there can get you the info you need?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are lots agents on TV,they said they could fix the bad credit, could they?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c55 View Post
    there are lots agents on TV,they said they could fix the bad credit, could they?
    Companies can not "fix" bad credit persay, they can simply protest items on your behalf in hopes they get dropped. Because there's a lot of rules around credit records, many of these companies work aggressively to get items removedand often have success but there's no absolutes and a lot of variables go into it. At the end of the day a legitimate collection item is just that -- legitimate, and while some people will push the envelope to get items removed, it's not a sure fire thing by any means.

For someone with a very low score because of countless negative items, it's likely some will be removed, perhaps enough to make a major improvement. However, for most people with below average scores, they need to build things up rather than get rid of issues (i.e. they have too little history, too much debt versus their credit lines, etc...).

Also, anyone can request a copy of their credit report and dispute items on their own, without the aid of a company. The unfortunate reality is that it's far easier for a company to get your report dinged than it is for you to remove the ding but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
    - Ted S

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravedesigns View Post
    Interesting - according to the blog in your link, you're a "senior executive in credit card issuing company"? - and no one there can get you the info you need?
    LOL so burned!!!

HI...i'm working as senior executive in credit card issuing company. so i think of sharing some tips of getting more information about credit card reports. people using credit card faces these kind of problem very frequently.
    Almost as good as the photo of this senior executive in a t-shirt standing in his bedroom in front of his unmade bed and a shirt draped over the chair in front of him.

My thought would be that an actual senior exec wouldn't need to rewrite existing articles to put on his own site.

The first article I looked up had verbatim text taken from
    http://cbs5.com/wrapper_consumer/see....2.722429.html

Anyway, just another guy lying on the Internet to try to make a buck and making it harder for those of us who are legitimate to get ahead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might try saving up the money and paying cash. You have bad credit because you haven't paid your bills, or haven't paid them on time. Why should banks loan you money if you're a risk of not paying them back?

Credit isn't always good. If you really "need" a loan, chances are you won't be able to pay it back. Step back and think about how you can get the money by saving it or reinvesting from your business.