User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Pros and Cons of Buying Office in the UK

Hi,

I'm just looking for people's opinions really. We might have the chance to buy a small office quite close to where I live for a reasonable amount. It occurred to us this might be a better investment than wasting money renting office space.

I also thought it might be a cost we could put against tax...?

I'm not sure how all this works, but I was just wondering if it's something anyone has any experience with? Or if it's a good move in the UK.

Thanks,
    Tom

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Renting isn't necessarily 'wasting' money. It's not that hard to review the actual numbers including tax, maintenance, interest, fees, etc. and find out the ACTUAL cost of renting vs. buying. There are a lot of people who like to use the term 'throwing your money away' when talking about renting, but these days a lot of those people don't have much money to throw around.

Don't guess - run the numbers and make a business decision. Owning isn't necessarily better than renting.

SitePoint Enthusiast raopraveen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking office on rent is not a major issue but it moreover depends on the projects that what all are the revenue streams, are they clear and the flow of money has became regular then i think there would be no problem that you're buying office in U.K or U.S!