SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm using CodeIgniter (PHP), what cheeky Javascript framework would work with it?

I've been messing with CodeIgniter and I love it... There's something quite cheeky and cool about it which works very well with my way of doing things... It's well documented, got a great community, it's light weight, it just kinda 'works'....

Now, I'm not really wanting some debate, but just a recommendation on what kind of Javascript framework would go nicely with CodeIgniter? I would need one that again is nice and lightweight, well documented, good community, and is ideal for a one-man-band who is looking to add some Javascript coolness and AJAX magic to his little empire...

My knowledge of Javascript frameworks is pretty much non-existant... But I know I'd like one with good AJAX capabilities (but nothing really complex needed at all) and other useful things like validation and also some nifty effects for fun.

Hope someone can help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CodeIgniter has a lot of functionality built in for Validation etc.

Have you had a look at CodeIgniters forums? (http://codeigniter.com/forums)

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes... I've been using the validation this weekend... But it's all only PHP isn't it?

I'm on about Javascript client side validation to sit on top of this... And AJAX features I'd like too, and other Javascript goodies... Needing something that will sit side-by-side with CodeIgniter nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EllisLab are building a jQuery plugin as part of the development of ExpressionEngine 2.0 (which will be built on top of CodeIgniter), so that might be a good choice - it will eventually be part of CI anyway, so get a headstart using it.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do people rate these two books on jQuery?

Learning JQuery:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Learning-JQu...0771537&sr=8-1

jQuery in Action:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/jQuery-Actio...0771537&sr=8-2

I've always liked a good book on subjects (I've brought MANY from SitePoint) and I just wondered which would be better to get out of these two? The jQuery in Action book was only released in Feb, so maybe that would be better as it's more up to date?

Thanks guys for any comments...