User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamic Navigation in Coldfusion

Hi There,

I'm building a dynamic website that will have information about multiple tourist city destinations within a specific country.

What would be the best way to dynamically call in the navigation menu for each city when a city page is open?

i.e. I click on Los Angeles link on the home page navigation which then takes me to the Los Angeles page (called in dynamically), and the majority of the navigation bar will now consist of things specifically related to Los Angeles. i.e. Hotels, Tours, Things of Interest etc.

I would like the menu to change out so it will have the specific city links in the menu instead of having to do a search for a city or having a long navigation menu.

Would I need to have this in a database and have a recordset for each city?

Or, will I need to create a template for each city and have the navigation bar static for each city? Then call in dynamic information once in the citie's home page?

Does anyone have any examples of something like this, or point to a tutorial for this.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my advise, yes use a database, break up your content buy catagories and create tables for each type of content and associate them with cities.

i would isolate display elements that would be used for each city, and but them into seperate template files, and simply pass in database generated content to them.

really explaining this is huge, and you may want to consider a consultant, or read some application development books.

i would check out these from google, most of these are city guides similar to what you are describing:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...de&btnG=Search