Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cron and SOAP errors.

Hey all,
    I've got two scripts that I've set my Cron jobs to run.

One is: /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/jexanaly/public_html/rc-auto.php
    And the other is: /usr/local/bin/php /home/jexanaly/public_html/rc-soap-auto.php

The first one loops through some data and calls a function every time through. In this function is a sleep command (30 seconds) and there's a lot of data, so it takes several hours to run manually. The Cron though, bails after about 2 hours and I get NO notification of such. No error or anything, I just notice it hasn't completed with the data. So, that's my first problem, how to set a script to NOT stop. I've already got set_time_limit(0) in there too.

The second one has similar functionality, but it uses SOAP to do the same thing. It runs FINE manually, but the Cron sends me an email with this in it:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method SOAP_Fault::doSearch() in /home/jexanaly/public_html/rc-soap-auto.php on line 34

I'm at a loss with both of these and the my web host has no idea either. Can someone here please help? I would be eternally indebted to you, as my business is really needing these things working so I don't have pissed off clients.

Thanks all, very much appreciated.
    Search Engine Optimisation's is only the first part.
    You need Web Analytics to make sure People like your site too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, on the second one - could it be a pathing issue? Maybe there's something right in your include_path when you're running it but not when cron does (especially given the error that it can't find that method).
    PHP News, Views and Community: http://www.phpdeveloper.org

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, I hadn't thought of that. I've also been told it may be the user I have it running under, so that's something I need to look at too. Thanks for that.
    Search Engine Optimisation's is only the first part.
    You need Web Analytics to make sure People like your site too.