User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Premium Sites For Sale Question

Hello,

I want to get professional appraisal for the website www.funwadi.com www.funwadi.com/forum whose monthly net income is $1500 and ranked in Top 30,000 Alexa Traffic Ranking Websites. It's a site+forum and we have over 47,000 registered users with daily growing of over 150 new users!

All the proof of earning and traffic statistics are posted at DP and I didn't found any serious buyer so I thought to list in premium sites for sale section of SP where I may get some good response from serious people. At DP currently someone offered me 10k but I rejected because I have set minimum offer of 36k and BIN 48k.

Estibot.com appraised my site for over 70k and swiftappraisal.com appraised my site of over 100k.

Any professional here can tell me how much the site actually worth it. Once again I will tell that all the proof of earning and traffic statistics, forum post/user statistics are given in DP and if anyone needs it I will post in Premium Sites For Sale section if someone can tell me it's actual worth so I may go ahead.

Thanks and best regards,
    AbdulBasit Makrani
    Last edited by FunWadi; May 1, 2008 at 12:42. Reason: spelling mistake

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone please?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The formula would be take your monthly income, deduct your monthly expenses (hosting, work) and multiply that by a number ranging from 6 to 24 giving you a price range.

On the other hand you might not be earning what your site really has the potential for.

I've developed an evaluation software which gives estimated value based on hard metrics. Here is a how it values your site together with two sites sold recently here (first for $45k second for $1.5k).

Hard metrics method can be very inaccurate because it doesn't take nature of the site in concern, but it takes enough parameters to give an advice.

Hope that helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks AudiS2

Anyone else also please?

If there are 2-3 more appraisals I would be very confident on listing my complete project for sale in Premium Sites For Sale section

Once again thank you very much for your time and quality appraisal

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't pay $36k for it. The topics on the site are not ones that make buyers line up to make offers for it. I'd recommend going back to the guy at DP who offered $10k and see if you can't work out something with him.
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by petertdavis View Post
    I wouldn't pay $36k for it. The topics on the site are not ones that make buyers line up to make offers for it. I'd recommend going back to the guy at DP who offered $10k and see if you can't work out something with him.
    Thanks for your appraisal.